Talk

Advanced search

MIL gobbling/ spitting aimed at me??

(6 Posts)
betsy9 Mon 12-Feb-18 14:25:16

To cut a long story short.. I live away from family with 2 under 2..
made the effort to meet OH from work on the train to stop by at his mums and we was planning to go to eat or something that evening ..

Anyway after the long journey, cold etc by the time I got there I felt so ill.. I suffer from depression & anxiety already and I've never been too comfortable at his mums..

We started bickering as we do because he tried running off for a hair cut which takes about 1.5jrs and with me not feeling well I didn't want him to go.. saying I'd love a hour to myself and all..
(All the while his mum talking her language to my son which he doesn't at all understand)

He was born in London but there are cultural differences his mum being from the Middle East..

Anyway in front of her he called me a prick and told me to f**k off.. so I of course grabbed the babies coats and planned to make my way back on the train how I came..

As I was leaving she walked past .. banged the bathroom door open so loud... brought up flem/ gobbed then spat and done this twice .. however you want to call it anyway .. it was so so loud and vulgar my OH couldn't even make such vile noises..

But it was purposely aimed at me / towards me as she never closed the bathroom door it was so so loud I literally can't even get over it.. I was brought up to know that's not nice and you don't do that unless in private if you need to..

We had a argument yesterday which confirmed it was aimed at me.. he also spat at me, so I said well you would do animal things since you was raised by one... then he pushed me against the wall, it was harsh to say but after experiencing that that's all I see her as..
(I've known some people of similar culture to spit if they are disgusted by someone so this I guess is a extreme version of that)

I'm constantly being told I'm crazy, so much so I've started to question myself

All I do is look after our 2 babies ... I plan to move closer to family but it won't be anytime yet.. I just felt so hurt I've been making such a effort to have that done to me and I feel so attacked...

Very gutted also that my babies have vile family like that...

That day my heart was racing I felt so ill and I felt like I was going to have a panic attack as I hurried up leaving.. from her doing that I've promised I will never ever step foot in there again...

I suppose I don't really know what I'm asking, but I'm trying to be strong with my 2 babies in a small flat away from home family and what I know... so any ideas or support would be appreciated... motherhood is hard enough let alone having these kind of people around me

Feeling very lonely, my babies are my life and my world I wouldn't change that for the world but it's very hard to see light at the minute xxconfused

Namechangedagain95 Mon 12-Feb-18 17:41:25

That is disgusting and your OH is an abusive arsehole. Do yourself a favour - you already live on your own, end it with him as you will clearly never be treated with respect by him or his family. I also don’t think your children should be around people like that

fusspot66 Mon 12-Feb-18 17:44:20

Spitting is classed as assault.
Report it to.the police. You may be glad in.future if he is seeking unsupervised access to the babies.
Vile

MyBrilliantDisguise Mon 12-Feb-18 17:46:17

Bloody hell. I'd be back with my mum and dad immediately.

eggncress Mon 12-Feb-18 18:00:15

Sorry you’re having a hard time.I agree your OH sounds abusive and I take it you’re not married to him ? Easier to leave while you’re still single because things will only get worse.He and his mum both sound horrible and he didn’t stand up for you in front of his mum .... he added to the abuse! I think you and the kids will be better off without him.You should leave him.
I wouldn’t wait either. Can a family member come to collect you and the kids? Don’t let him know your plans in advance though.You will feel much better once rid of these toxic people. flowers

Lemonnaise Mon 12-Feb-18 18:35:06

Spitting is vile. If I were you I'd be leaving to go back to your family.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: