Talk

Advanced search

Animal fur gift

(5 Posts)
Jaunty Sun 11-Feb-18 14:31:21

Some family members have been living in China for the past couple of years. They came back this Christmas to visit the rest of the family and as part of their Christmas presents to us all they gave us Chinese bags full of Chinese goods like tea, sweets etc. Anyway, none of us had looked at the contents very carefully until a few days ago when I was sorting out our spare bedroom and came across the bag. I started sorting the stuff out based on who in the family will use/want each item and at the bottom of the bag I came across an item made from real animal fur.

I don't wear fur and feel uncomfortable with the idea of wearing fur of any kind so I'm not sure what to do with it. On the one hand I feel like I should throw the item away as it would never be used and I don't approve of it but on the other hand I feel guilty throwing it away as an animal has died for this silly item and it seems like an even bigger waste of its life if it's fur is going to end up in the bin.

Wwyd with it?

retirednow Sun 11-Feb-18 14:32:55

Bin it

Ragaroo Fri 16-Feb-18 19:12:40

It produces negative feelings so bin it.

EdithWeston Fri 16-Feb-18 19:17:00

Charity shop it.

Or cremate it.

Tainbri Mon 19-Feb-18 10:59:03

Charity shop

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now