Talk

Advanced search

Animal fur gift

(15 Posts)
Jaunty Sun 11-Feb-18 14:31:21

Some family members have been living in China for the past couple of years. They came back this Christmas to visit the rest of the family and as part of their Christmas presents to us all they gave us Chinese bags full of Chinese goods like tea, sweets etc. Anyway, none of us had looked at the contents very carefully until a few days ago when I was sorting out our spare bedroom and came across the bag. I started sorting the stuff out based on who in the family will use/want each item and at the bottom of the bag I came across an item made from real animal fur.

I don't wear fur and feel uncomfortable with the idea of wearing fur of any kind so I'm not sure what to do with it. On the one hand I feel like I should throw the item away as it would never be used and I don't approve of it but on the other hand I feel guilty throwing it away as an animal has died for this silly item and it seems like an even bigger waste of its life if it's fur is going to end up in the bin.

Wwyd with it?

retirednow Sun 11-Feb-18 14:32:55

Bin it

Ragaroo Fri 16-Feb-18 19:12:40

It produces negative feelings so bin it.

EdithWeston Fri 16-Feb-18 19:17:00

Charity shop it.

Or cremate it.

Tainbri Mon 19-Feb-18 10:59:03

Charity shop

lovemylover Sat 03-Mar-18 14:54:05

I wouldnt give it to a charity shop or it will still be worn by someone,even if charity shop accept it. i would bin it,

VimFuego101 Sat 03-Mar-18 14:58:46

Binning it seems like a waste of the animals life, so I would charity shop it.

MrsElvis Sat 03-Mar-18 15:02:25

Is it clothing? Give it to the homeless. I inherited a fur coat and donated to a charity that gives them to the homeless to keep warm

eyeswideshit Sat 03-Mar-18 15:11:30

Some animal charities will take real fur to turn into blankets for their animals

teaiseverything Sat 03-Mar-18 15:14:46

Set fire to the damn thing.

BrendasUmbrella Sat 03-Mar-18 15:59:37

I feel guilty throwing it away as an animal has died for this silly item and it seems like an even bigger waste of its life if it's fur is going to end up in the bin.

If someone killed me and made a bag out of my skin, I would not feel happy that someone was getting use of my skin... I never understand this argument - except perhaps that some people will buy fur anyway, so it stops the sale of one new item?

Or maybe it sparks a love of animal fur in someone who would never have considered it before...

someonewhowonders Sat 10-Mar-18 19:06:03

Burn it and scatter the remains in your flowers.

WellThisIsShit Tue 13-Mar-18 05:36:40

Bin it

Scrumptiousbears Tue 13-Mar-18 05:54:24

Not sure charity shops take fur anyway.

Jaunty Tue 13-Mar-18 13:50:20

Just seen all of your responses. I decided to bin it in the end. I wasn't going to use it l, didn't want it in my house, and i realised that the thought of giving it to a charity shop was giving me a nasty taste in my mouth. Thanks all.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: