Talk

Advanced search

Trying out for a sports team

(6 Posts)
duskmum Wed 24-Jan-18 08:37:30

Atm I go to a class every week on the night my DS is at his dad's. It's a competitive sport and I absolutely love it.

Bit of background is I used to dance in college and was going to go to dance college or uni but stupidly I listened to the bf I had at the time and my parents weren't keen on me moving away and I never followed my dream. Always a regret.

Almost 10 years later I've found this competitive team sport and they are having auditions for the team in summer. Obviously this is hypothetical because I'm haven't been picked for the team but if I am I think it's a Sunday practise thing. Atm my DS goes to his dad's every other weekend as well. Would I be selfish to ask my parents to look after my DS on the other Sunday if I were to get into the team? I feel a bit selfish but this could be the last time to do something like this as I'm not a spring chicken in this type of thing anymore. Feeling mummy guilt if I'm honest.

duskmum Wed 24-Jan-18 12:41:32

Bump

nancy75 Wed 24-Jan-18 12:44:57

Just ask your parents - they will either be happy to do it or will say no!

Is it an all year round thing? try to find out if it is definitely on Sundays & what time so you can give them the info & they can decide

duskmum Wed 24-Jan-18 21:58:10

No its a seasonal thing so i think they train/compete 9 months or so of the year. Maybe less.

Justgivemesomepeace Wed 24-Jan-18 22:02:31

I played a competitive sport when my dd was younger. She came to all the games with me and sat on the sidelines. How old is your son? Is the sport indoor? My matches were only 45 mind and indoor so it was fine.

Justgivemesomepeace Wed 24-Jan-18 22:02:39

45 mins

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: