Talk

Advanced search

Neighbour keeps waking me up!

(21 Posts)
Purplerain101 Sun 07-Jan-18 08:55:52

3 or 4 times a week I’m being woken up by the neighbour having loud OTT sex in the middle of the night and early hours of the morning. I was woken at 4am this morning from the screaming and wailing she was doing, and then again an hour later when I eventually managed to get back to sleep.
I’ve banged on the wall in the past, played loud music to drown them out, put a note through their door telling them to keep it down during the early hours, and also sent them a message on Facebook asking them to be a bit quieter (which they responded to and were very apologetic).
I can’t wear earplugs as I suffer with ongoing pain in my right ear and they make it worse. I can’t move bedrooms either. It’s really starting to drive me mad but I don’t know what else to do.
I don’t care about them having loud sex and enjoying themselves in their own home, just not at 4am on a Bloody Sunday. They scream their heads off and it wakes me out of a deep sleep. Has anyone else dealt with a similar situation before?

Poshindevon Sun 07-Jan-18 09:28:58

What type of home do you live in? Private rent, housing association, council or home owner?

PollyBanana Sun 07-Jan-18 09:30:19

Screamers are always faking it.!

Purplerain101 Sun 07-Jan-18 09:30:34

It’s a privately owned house and it’s a terraced property with neighbours either side

Newrules Sun 07-Jan-18 09:32:46

I would hate that so much I would actually move.

marypopping Sun 07-Jan-18 09:35:28

This perhaps?

pilates Sun 07-Jan-18 09:39:45

Liking marypopping’s idea 😂

Tanfastic Sun 07-Jan-18 09:41:05

Well if you've done all the above and they are still taking no price then you have two options.you either move or you try and sound proof your bedroom wall.

We have a similar problem. Ds keeps getting woken up by sex mad woman next door but she's not particularly loud just you can hear it like it's in the same room. Luckily ds is too young to know what all the noise is about but we've looked into soundproofing and it doesn't look that expensive or particularly difficult to do.

Tanfastic Sun 07-Jan-18 09:41:41

Taking no notice not no price!

Purplerain101 Sun 07-Jan-18 09:43:39

Haha love it.
I just feel so fed up as I’ve told them twice to be quiet now, and I received a reply saying they were really sorry and would make sure they were being quiet during the night. The noises she makes are beyond cringeworthy. Literally screaming non stop and making loud moaning noises as though she’s being tortured

EmpressOfTheSpartacusOceans Sun 07-Jan-18 09:48:24

If you're already Facebook friends I'd start posting detailed reviews on their pages.

FurryDogMother Sun 07-Jan-18 09:48:42

Start posting score cards through her letterbox: '9 for volume, 3 for style, 0 for authenticity, 10 for selfishness and disregard of neighbours''.

marypopping Sun 07-Jan-18 09:54:26

She's faking obviously hmm

Poshindevon Sun 07-Jan-18 09:55:38

If the above sugestions fail to work. Record your neighbours when they are "at it" and play it to the Environmental Officer at the local council who is responsible for noise.
Let your neighbours know this will be your next course of action.

Poshindevon Sun 07-Jan-18 09:55:38

If the above sugestions fail to work. Record your neighbours when they are "at it" and play it to the Environmental Officer at the local council who is responsible for noise.
Let your neighbours know this will be your next course of action.

Purplerain101 Sun 07-Jan-18 10:20:47

It’s such selfish behaviour. If they want to have screaming at the top of their lungs sex then do it before the hours of midnight and after 7am on a weekend.

Newrules Sun 07-Jan-18 10:25:34

I bet he thinks he’s a sex god or something.

PollyBanana Sun 07-Jan-18 10:26:58

Suggest they introduce some bondage into their sex, starting with a mouth gag for both of them

WildIrishRose1 Sun 07-Jan-18 10:30:52

Polly 😂😂

Maelstrop Tue 09-Jan-18 23:34:48

Final note saying you have no choice but to refer her to Enviromental Health and the local Am-Dram society. Seriously, log then report to EH. She’s a fucking idiot. Literally.

MrsExpo Sat 13-Jan-18 20:44:14

OMG, that sounds horrendous OP. All of the above ideas are good ones. Have you tried getting up, going to their front door at the crucial moment, and leaning on the door bell, or (if you have their phone number) phone them. Anything really to interrupt them. They’re clearly idiots .......

Or record it and post the recording on FB ..... they want everyone to hear them, so go public .....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: