Talk

Advanced search

Trying to get post to who it was intended for.

(10 Posts)
Lou898 Sat 16-Dec-17 16:14:03

I keep getting post..always looks like cards for a couple who don’t live here. They are clearly from the same person as handwriting the same. I know that this person lives somewhere on this road as when we had an issue with them trying to build an access road I remember their name cropping up. However I’ve asked my local neighbours and they don’t know the number. I reposted the letter putting number incorrect hoping that postman might recognise the name but it just got out through my letterbox again. Is there anyway of finding someone’s house number?

scurryfunge Sat 16-Dec-17 16:15:58

Try an appeal on Facebook?

PelvicFloorClenchReminder Sat 16-Dec-17 16:22:30

Could you take it to the sorting office and explain it's not yours? Assuming you live close to the sorting office, that is.

scurryfunge Sat 16-Dec-17 16:24:47

You could also try the electoral roll. Some sites have free introductory offers I think.

Creatureofthenight Sat 16-Dec-17 16:26:36

I think you can consult the electoral roll at local libraries, but not sure if that's the full roll or the edited one.

KnockMeDown Sat 16-Dec-17 16:28:40

Try 192.com - it seems to be like the phone books we used to have, but on-line

TheSpottedZebra Sat 16-Dec-17 16:28:55

Catch the postie or leave a note for them? They might know the name, and where they live if it's the same road.

TheSpottedZebra Sat 16-Dec-17 16:30:04

... and they may not have noticed your note.

SpartonDregs Sat 16-Dec-17 16:31:18

Have you got a local spotting page on facebook? Post it there someone might know them.

Of course it might be someone they do not want finding them.

We get christmas cards here for the previous people, we came here 10 years ago. I just put the cards up now - there is no address to post them back to.

Lou898 Sat 16-Dec-17 19:14:12

Thank you for all your replies hopefully I’ll resolve this shortly.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: