Talk

Advanced search

Feeling bad for Xmas :(

(10 Posts)
Lj20051416 Wed 13-Dec-17 17:41:45

I've had rubbish year financially something happened (nothing of my fault) and now me and my family are down by £600 every month have been since may.
I've managed to put together money for all 3 of my children.(12, 3 and 1) They have had the same ammount each but what my boys got look like nothing compared to my daughter. They got big toys that was about 30-60 each and she got quite a bit of make up and iPhone (second hand) all for the same price as what the boys stuff cost. I feel so bad as hers looks like a huge pile and theirs is smaller but bigger items. What do I do sad I've not even got my mum or my partner anything for Xmas yet. My oh has worked his butt off to get extra money so me and the kids got and I've got him nothing..

ineedamoreadultieradult Wed 13-Dec-17 17:43:39

The twelve year old is old enough to understand and the 3 and 1 year olds too young to care. Don't worry about it and just enjoy Christmas.

highinthesky Wed 13-Dec-17 17:45:10

Do they need anything that must be secured by money? Have an old-style Christmas that focuses on the family and not material gifts.

What about payment in kind? Help your Mum out around the house when you can. And give your partner a good session in the bedroom. Job done.

PersianCatLady Wed 13-Dec-17 17:47:22

This is why I hate Christmas so much, far too much worry about material crap.

Blackteadrinker77 Wed 13-Dec-17 17:48:02

Do you remember what you got when you were 3 or 1?

They won't care, just sent plenty time playing with them and be happy.

cestlavielife Wed 13-Dec-17 17:49:10

Do nothing.
Put small things in big boxes
Spend time together

Ecureuil Wed 13-Dec-17 17:52:34

Mine are 4 and 2 and they wouldn’t care less if someone else in the family had a bigger pile than them, they’d just be happy with some new toys that they’ll enjoy playing with.
I can’t imagine a 3 and 1 year old even noticing that their older sister has more on their pile, let alone caring.

Lj20051416 Wed 13-Dec-17 17:53:27

I've managed tonget the one present my 3 year old begged Santa for. So i guess that's the main.
I've had a few toys given to me off a friend toot toot drivers mega blocks things like that. She told me to put them under the tree aswel as they won't care their used as long as they got so may do that.
My 12 year old wanted vamps tickets but I've told her not a chance when shes already got ed sheeran tickets.
Haha highinthesky thats a excellent idea lol. As for my mum she could do with a hand around the house shes got epilepsy so can'taways do things by herself.
Persiancatlady (love the name btw smile ) its the first year ive ever struggled im hating it already. X

Lj20051416 Wed 13-Dec-17 17:55:11

Thanks everyone. I guess family time is more important than gifts.
I'm just happy to have my turkey dinner with pigs in blankets lol x

PersianCatLady Wed 13-Dec-17 18:05:51

Persiancatlady (love the name btw ) its the first year ive ever struggled im hating it already
Thanks.

I go along with seeing my parents on Christmas Day with my son and that is about it.

My Mum has one sister, so I have two cousins and I think we will go out with them for a meal at some point. Only one cousin though because the other one lives in Australia.

I can see that Christmas must be great if you have a big family but I don't.

Also, there have been four Christmases in the past when I had a terrible time.

One of those was being in a homeless shelter at 16, alone and considering if it was all worth it.

I can't help but remember these things at Christmas so I can't enjoy it.

The material things piss me off too, especially when I see friends work so hard to get things for their kids but "Santa" gets the fucking credit.

Absolutely hate it.

What I would say is having a good time would definitely outweigh any material gifts so you will be absolutely fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now