Talk

Advanced search

Bought faulty goods from gumtree

(3 Posts)
Popcicle123 Tue 05-Dec-17 22:59:16

So we bought a 2nd hand electrical device from gumtree for my DD Christmas. My DH picked it up (didn't check it was working-daft I know) Had a mad busy time that particular week so didn't get around to checking it out for a couple of weeks after buying & it's broken. I messaged the seller several times to complain, he kept denying it was broken then eventually agreed to come have a look. He came round today & took the machine apart & turns out the disc motor is broken?!? I asked for a refund & he refused. He actually suggested I try buy a new one off amazon then send the broken one back. I said that's fraud & as this one is a few years old that would be very dodgy. He just laughed & said it's gumtree sold as seen then walked out. I am so angry. I know we messed up by not checking it before buying but I suppose we were just too trusting do I have any rights or does anyone have any advice/ words of wisdom?

SparklyMagpie Fri 08-Dec-17 16:32:25

I'm sorry but I don't think you do have any rights and unfortunately just have to learn from this

Although I don't get why he came round when it's clear he wasn't going to refund you anyway? confused

Filzma Fri 08-Dec-17 16:37:29

Learn from it. That's all OP.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: