Baby due any day and this...(6 Posts)
Posting a link to my previous thread from a couple of days ago to give an idea of what I mean.
So I'm due with DC2 any day now.
My partner and my parents are NC with each other, they have been for a while so it's not exactly news but it keeps getting brought up as both sides have very different views.
I still see my parents fairly regularly with DS. OH isn't involved in any of it.
A couple of days ago drama kicked off with my DM - I got some texts accusing me of something that didn't happen (or could have potentially been misunderstood), calling my OH manipulative and controlling etc - see link for more.
I don't know what she tried to achieve with this as she sent them a couple of days before I'm due to give birth, I just want peace and quiet, I don't want drama and arguments and stress, I don't feel well as it is.
I don't think my DF knows she's sent the texts, I have resolved to not replying or reacting at the moment as I really don't want the stress.
But I just don't know how to proceed once the baby is here....do I just call them and pretend like that didn't happen? Do I let them know baby's here or wait until they call and ask?
To be honest I feel quite annoyed and feel like my DM has put me in this awkward position and I also feel like it shows that she's just thinking of herself and her opinions and emotions.
This isn't the first time she has put me under stress during the pregnancy either, the last time was a completely OTT rant and guilt trips over something very minor when I was 6 months along.
She's also aware I was admitted to the hospital a few weeks ago with random bleeding.
What would you do in my situation if this doesn't get resolved before the new arrival is here?
Have your dh contact them when the baby arrives and tell your dm when she acts like an adult she is welcome to visit.
Until then I would personally ignore her - oh and forward her texts to your df so he knows what you have been dealing with.
Oh this isn't what you need. Your mum sounds like a teenager. If she really couldn't wait she could have taken you for coffee and had a chat to sort it out. Having been pregnant herself she ought to know better.
I would ignore it all and focus on your last few days/ hours of your pregnancy. I would wait for her to make the first move thereafter and go from there.
Good luck x
How horrible of her to do this, especially given your situation
If I were you, I'd go NC for at least the rest of this pregnancy, you don't need the stress just now.
I hope you have a safe birth and that everything goes well OP
Thank you for the replies.
@Tinselistacky unfortunately my OH won't even answer the phone if it's them so he won't be calling anyone anytime soon...
I've not been in touch but had a phone call from my DF today to ask how I am feeling, since its my due date and all, it was short and I didn't say much apart from being ok etc as I was just sitting down to eat with OH. DF just asked to keep them updated which I said I will.
He didn't bring anything up which either means it's getting brushed under the carpet for the time being or he's not aware of the texts, I think it's the former.
Join the discussion
Already registered? Log in with:
Please login first.