Talk

Advanced search

Dog walker's daughter wore my coat.

(16 Posts)
mckenzie Fri 01-Dec-17 18:26:50

I know dog walker well, in a dog walking/dog training capacity and like her.
I know and like her daughter who sometimes helps her with the walking.
If she'd rung me and asked if she could borrow my coat I would definitely have said yes.
Dog walker knows that I know she wore my coat (I found something in a pocket and knew somebody would be missing said item so asked around and dog walker has replied)

I should just let it go right?

Or if she's wearing my coat, what else might she be doing in my house?

NoelNiki Fri 01-Dec-17 18:29:00

Give up working and walk your own dog?

Perhaps she was cold and just borrowed it.

Im sure she didnt piss in it or have sex wearing it.

What do you think happened to the cost in the hour sge may have worn it?

Frankie2015 Fri 01-Dec-17 18:31:08

This would really annoy me if my dog walker or the daughter did this. They at least could of text you to ask or even afterwards to say sorry hope you don’t mind!! Could you just tell her it’s annoyed you slightly and you wish they’d asked or let you know out of courtesy if you get on well? Not a massive deal but quite annoying!

StealthPolarBear Fri 01-Dec-17 18:32:14

Oh come on noel it is unusual

HeyRoly Fri 01-Dec-17 18:35:57

Well I think it's a bit out of order. At least ask for permission or fess up after the event ("had to borrow your coat earlier, it was colder than expected!") but to wear it and not say anything suggests she knows it's not the done thing - which it isn't. They're in a position of trust after all, and wearing your clothes without your knowledge doesn't engender trust, does it?

ScreamingValenta Fri 01-Dec-17 18:37:58

I wouldn't feel quite right about someone borrowing my clothes without asking, irrespective of who it was. As a pp said, if it happened, I'd at least expect a 'hope you don't mind but I borrowed your coat' message. It's a difficult one because I can't think of any way of raising it that wouldn't give offence.

purplecorkheart Fri 01-Dec-17 18:50:53

I wouldn't be too happy. Not the coat itself but the fact they did not ask or tell you. What if she has a friend with her who needs to us the loo? Will she allow a stranger go into your house without your ok?

Blondielongie Fri 01-Dec-17 18:52:43

It wouldn't bother me as long it wasn't damaged, and it it was I'd want it sorted out.. but I can see why it would bother some!

Adamsmom Fri 01-Dec-17 18:56:59

I'd be bothered, it's the principle. To go through someone's things and take without asking really peeps me off!

LizzieSiddal Fri 01-Dec-17 18:58:48

It wouldn’t bother me at all therefore I wouldn’t do anything.

mckenzie Fri 01-Dec-17 19:00:19

thanks for all the replies. I think I'll do as Frankie2015 suggests.

And not give up my little part time job and deprive my dog of a run with some different play mates once a week as NoelNiki suggests grin

counterpoint Fri 01-Dec-17 19:01:08

If you trust them with your precious dog, does a material thing like a coat really matter?

Regularsizedrudy Fri 01-Dec-17 19:06:15

Have you all gone mad? It's a fucking coat! She popped it on cos it was cold, it's not like she shat on it. Fucking hell mumsnet

Migraleve Fri 01-Dec-17 19:11:58

Have you all gone mad? It's a fucking coat! She popped it on cos it was cold, it's not like she shat on it. Fucking hell mumsnet

YES YES YES

LizzieSiddal Fri 01-Dec-17 22:24:42

Gosh OP, so you’re going to tell her you’re annoyed that her dd borrowed your coat?

Be prepared for her to think you’re being rather precious and tell you you’ll need to find another dog walker.

justdontevenfuckingstart Fri 01-Dec-17 22:27:46

Christ, she picked up a coat to walk a dog, didn't go rifling through a knicker drawer.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: