Talk

Advanced search

Euro car parks parking fine

(18 Posts)
mrsmoomoopoopoo Mon 27-Nov-17 18:01:03

Would you pay it?
I always thought unless they were council owned car parks then you didn't have to pay the fine.

I received this fine in a morrisons car park.

Thanks

NapQueen Mon 27-Nov-17 18:02:10

We need more detail. Is there a time limit you exceeded or were you parked out of a bay.

scurryfunge Mon 27-Nov-17 18:04:28

Be wary of not paying a private company parking fine. They can and will take you to court.

MancLife Mon 27-Nov-17 18:04:38

It’s not a fine, they can’t fine you.

Cabininthewoods69 Mon 27-Nov-17 18:06:52

I didn't pay mine and haven't heard from them for over a year

AlexanderHamilton Mon 27-Nov-17 18:08:27

It's not a fine but by entering the car park & deciding to park there you entered into a contract with the parking company so as long as the terms & conditions were correctly displayed in accordance with POFA you are liable to pay the charge.

What are the circumstances (overstay/not in bay/other?)

mrsmoomoopoopoo Mon 27-Nov-17 18:09:46

It was a maximum 2 hour stay. I parked for almost 3 hours!
Stupid I know but didn't realise they had cameras.

mrsmoomoopoopoo Mon 27-Nov-17 18:10:55

Cabininthewoods69 was it a Euro Car Parks fine?

Ginmakesitallok Mon 27-Nov-17 18:11:33

Then you pay. Your excuse is "I didn't think I'd get caught" - pretty poor excuse

TwitterQueen1 Mon 27-Nov-17 18:15:50

I had something similar. A fine for overstaying the 2-hour limit. However, I was unable to confirm who was driving my car (since DCs refused to admit) and wrote to the company (or did it online) so the company was therefore unable to take the matter further.

PourMeABrose Mon 27-Nov-17 18:18:49

It’s an urban myth that only councils can fine you. Have a look around the BBC for a fairly recent story about a woman going bankrupt for believing such...

BUT were you a genuine Morrisons customer? Got a receipt? I work in a retailer-linked industry, and they’re usually concerned with their customers experience I.e. not having a negative one... so, do have a go at nicely asking their customer services to get it cancelled, but don’t delay paying as it’ll hurt even more if you get additional charges. And bear in mind it may well not be Morrisons in control of the car park and the parking controls, but may be a landlord.

AlexanderHamilton Mon 27-Nov-17 19:09:02

Unfortunately Twitter now, unless you live in Scotland, not being able to name the driver means the regustered keeper is liable.

TwitterQueen1 Mon 27-Nov-17 19:14:11

Ah. tough shit then OP.

It pissed me off royally [topical], since £118 was spent in said supermarket yet apparently one is not allowed to overstep the parking mark. None of us has shopped in Sainsbury's since that date. I wrote to complain and got nothing back. So fuck you Sainsbury's!

mrsmoomoopoopoo Tue 28-Nov-17 06:54:42

I know I have overstepped the mark but I wasn't abusing their car park. I was genuinely in Morrisons for the whole time ( had lunch in their cafe, bumped into a friend and then did a full shop).

I spend about £150 per week with them and now I've been charged for being too long.

There is no point complaining to Morrisons as I don't think the car park is anything to do with them.

frenchfancy17 Tue 28-Nov-17 06:59:18

You need to appeal or pay it.
DO NOT IGNORE IT.

I appealed mine from a similar company and evenues then it went on forever. I was still getting letter a year later . Even though I won my appeal because the company basically sent me a photo of someone elses car instead of mine (I pleaded major data protection breach) I recieved a letter from a solicitor regarding it.

I then had to ring solicitors to point out I'd successfully won my case.

I repeat. DO NOT IGNORE .

MongerTruffle Tue 28-Nov-17 07:00:52

There was a court case a few years ago and it was decided that private parking companies can charge you for breach of contract.

mrsmoomoopoopoo Tue 28-Nov-17 09:41:20

Thanks everyone.
I'm just gonna pay it and learn my lesson!

Pythonesque Thu 07-Dec-17 10:31:52

If you went over due to time in the cafe plus shopping, it would seem worthwhile to at least discuss it with Morrison's.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now