Talk

Advanced search

With or without hot stones???

(9 Posts)
SmiledWithTheRisingSun Mon 13-Nov-17 14:28:09

Booking a massage for a gift - is an hour of pure massage better or one combining hot stones too??? hmm

ForeverHopeful21 Mon 13-Nov-17 15:21:26

I'm a massage therapist and the most popular treatment that I do is hot stones. Extremely relaxing, great at helping to relax but also eases muscle tension. I think hot stones is definitely more of a treat in terms of a gift for someone, so I would say go with the stones!

MynewnameisKy Mon 13-Nov-17 15:23:19

Ohh definitely hot stones!! If they don't want it can I have it?

MynewnameisKy Mon 13-Nov-17 15:23:54

Oops forgot the CF smiley face. winkgrin

PinkHeart5914 Mon 13-Nov-17 15:24:32

Ooh I like hot stones. So it’s a yes from me

SmiledWithTheRisingSun Mon 13-Nov-17 17:43:02

But wouldn't you just rather have a massage? Aren't they a bit gimmicky hmm

ForeverHopeful21 Mon 13-Nov-17 18:18:14

@SmiledWithTheRisingSun One stroke with a stone is worth ten of the hands and the treatment is ten times more effective and deeper than manual massage. Heat treatments take away muscle pain far quicker than manual massage. So not surprising that some physiotherapists also use heat when treating patients.

Many of my clients who tried hot stones as a one off, have never returned to manual massage. Its by far the most popular treatment that I do. Funnily though that it's not what people expect - as they see photos of people lay with the stones placed static in a line down the spine and assume that there is no massage involved - huge misconception but one that I can understand.
There are also studies on how hot stone massage impact stress / relaxation and even auto-immune diseases. Definitely not a gimmick.

MammaElf Mon 13-Nov-17 18:30:24

Definitely hot stones!!

SmiledWithTheRisingSun Mon 13-Nov-17 19:04:53

Thanks! smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: