Talk

Advanced search

Casual dinner party

(5 Posts)
HDG1234 Mon 13-Nov-17 07:16:19

I’m cooking dinner for two other couples (one are very good friends, one I’ve just met once) and I’m at a bit of a loss for what to cook. Is spag bol too basic? Any ideas appreciated! Also, any ideas for something a bit more formal but still easy? I don’t have time for anything massively fiddly.... Thank you!

Stickaforkinimdone Mon 13-Nov-17 07:33:54

Definitely not spag bol-it’s a weekday meal and none of them will thank you for serving something messy and bog standard

I’d look up some nice one pot dishes that look and taste good but aren’t actually tricky to make-a leg of lamb perhaps with seasonal veg? And something tasty for pudding too!

But certainly not spag bol

sandgrown Mon 13-Nov-17 07:37:49

Beef Bourginon ? And a nice pudding

Sparkletastic Mon 13-Nov-17 08:03:49

No to spag bol. If you aren’t a keen cook you could do bought canapés and fizz to start, a Spanish chicken type dish, green salad, buy some posh pastries for dessert. Spanish chicken is chicken pieces, chunks of chorizo, olives, peppers, red onion, whole cloves of garlic, new potatoes, tossed in olive oil and some smoked paprika in a roasting tray and baked in oven.

Thirtyrock39 Mon 13-Nov-17 08:06:57

I did coq au vin on Friday it was really easy but looked quite fancy

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: