Talk

Advanced search

Night feed 'routines'

(2 Posts)
DollyLlama Sat 11-Nov-17 19:59:28

Probably the wrong place to put this but I need some traffic

I have a 5 day old DS and a 2 1/2 year old DD. Finding a happy balance with night feeds / early rises has been a real challenge and my OH and I just cannot seem to find a happy medium.

My OH is fantastic and does more than his fair share but with our daughter suddenly taking to not sleeping and waking early and our son who seems to be feeding every hour, there's no time for 'sleep when the baby sleeps'.

Have you found a way that works for you? Please throw your 'routines' (I say that lightly) at me.

When we had DD, everything stopped in our house, but that's just not an option this time!

BellyBean Sat 11-Nov-17 20:30:01

I did everything to do with our newborn and DH looked after dd1 until he went to work, got her dressed and breakfast so I could sleep in a little

But that mostly only worked because dd1 was at nursery 4 days until dd2 was 10 weeks.

Dd1 started waking several times a night so DH was in the spare room (nursery soon) so we didn't disturb each other. He's still there now at 12 weeks sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now