Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can you love 2 people simultaneously?

(3 Posts)
thebestnamesweretaken Thu 09-Nov-17 18:34:40

I'm at a crossroads in my life (33yo)
My ex partner of 8 years, previously my best friend and soul mate, and I tried and failed to make a life together against much adversity.

He tried to move on (it has subsequently failed) the news of which sent me into a tailspin and as such I went to stay with a long term platonic friend for 4 days, whilst I was there we grew closer and we started to develop feelings.

My ex partner and I have so many memories and don't want anyone else.
However my long term friend is so affectionate and loving.

I genuinely have lost my rational head and don't know which way to turn. 🤔🤔🤔

ChristmasLists Thu 09-Nov-17 18:41:20

Not sure how you can not want anyone else but your ex-partner yet have feelings for the ‘platonic’ friend.

Ex is ex for a reason. Park the friend. Get over your ex then see if anything happens with friend once you no longer long for ex and the good memories (bad memories obviously have faded quickly!)

thebestnamesweretaken Thu 09-Nov-17 18:44:21

We broke up in may, I suppose my ex keeps toying with me, almost feels like he doesn't want me but doesn't want anyone else to have me.
I think I found some solace with my friend because I was at a low ebb and desperate to get away from it all.
I should park them both up really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now