Talk

Advanced search

Am i a bad friend?

(6 Posts)
LMX0 Tue 07-Nov-17 23:03:21

My friend lives with her partner and they have a baby (only living together a few months) she has decided not to go back to work after maturity leave which ends this week and her partner can never keep a job & smokes weed, he is always asking people for money behind her back & now and again if shes really stuck i dont mind lending her the money however Ive got really sick of being asked for money, im not a bank!! however today she has asked do i know anything about food banks i feel terrible but i really think they need learn that having a home is not easy and they need to learn they cannot live of handouts forever, am i had person/friend for not helping? (Im not minted may i add)
Thanks x

TrojansAreSmegheads Tue 07-Nov-17 23:06:03

you arent helping. just enabling him to smoke weed.

can you be honest with her? that you object to bailing them out because weed is his priority? maybe she needs to hear it said.

MummaDeeDee Tue 07-Nov-17 23:11:29

I’d be honest. Tell her they shouldn’t be using food banks and borrowing money if their own money is going on weed. Definitely don’t give her money.

LMX0 Tue 07-Nov-17 23:12:49

I couldnt give a monkeys about him, its her a really feel for as i know shed be the one to suffer......

Justbookedasummmerholiday Sat 11-Nov-17 20:25:29

Cruel to be kind op. Maybe she need it be in the shit a bit before reality kicks in and she kicks him out.

LMX0 Sun 12-Nov-17 16:43:23

Thanks guys 😊 alot has happened since then, lie have been load to get money so im done with him he will no longer be getting as much as a cup of tea from me as another person has washed their hands off him. Eventually my friend will too and he will be all alone and have no one to blame but himself

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now