Talk

Advanced search

Former employee problem

(7 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

lorelairoryemily Mon 06-Nov-17 22:58:40

I have my own business. I used to share a premises with another business, think hair/beauty. I was established first and gave the beauty therapist a lot of help getting started. We moved 2 years ago to two separate adjoining premises, still referring business to each other. I had one employee she had none. E weeks ago I found out by chance that the beauty was moving to a larger premises nearby. She never told me. When she knew I knew she told me she was going to employ a hairdresser. She offered my employee ridiculous money to go with her and I was told on Saturday. I took her key back and let her leave. Today I found out she has text clients of my salon telling them that any appointments they've made in my salon in December will now be done in the new salon. So not only have I been stabbed in the back now they are quite blatantly trying to steal my business, what the hell do I Do?

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 07-Nov-17 09:33:20

We're just sending this one over to WWYD at the OP's request.

We hope you get some good advice and support, lorelairoryemily.

flowers

scurryfunge Tue 07-Nov-17 09:36:10

Is there any thing in her contract about taking clients on exit?

RavingRoo Tue 07-Nov-17 09:39:51

Can you threaten legal action?

Alternatively call your clients personally and explain the truth, offering them a discount to stay on. Then threaten legal action to the new salon.

lorelairoryemily Tue 07-Nov-17 10:06:15

She doesn't have a contract, very few hairdressers do here, I'm in Ireland. But it is illegal to take data from one business to another like that so maybe a solicators letter?

lorelairoryemily Tue 07-Nov-17 10:07:30

Thanks Lorna! Ravingroo, I think you're on to something there. I'll be on the phone all morning

BatteredBreadedOrSouthernFried Tue 07-Nov-17 10:08:47

Definitely solicitor! She has a brass neck on her! Don’t engage with her directly. Hand it straight over to a solicitor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now