Talk

Advanced search

40th birthday

(4 Posts)
Loopydevon77 Sun 05-Nov-17 14:00:43

Sorry if this sounds like a poor me thread but really after some advice.
It's my 40th on the 14th this month, however my sister-in-laws is 13th. She is having a party with the whole family and most of our mutual friends. (We don't get on very well as she is always trying to get one over on me).
I want to make an effort and dress nice but know whatever I wear won't be good enough. Also feel that my birthday will be completely overlooked as too close to hers.
Sorry in advance as I probably am feeling sorry for myself for no reason.

Pickleypickles Sun 05-Nov-17 15:44:26

I think you should go, buy yourself something nice and so long as you feel good and have a good time does anything else really matter?
If youre worried about her trying to get one up on you with a big bash (and pressuming you arent having one) talk all night about how its lovely but definately not your thing and your glad you didnt spend all that money on just another day etc.

Loopydevon77 Sun 05-Nov-17 16:14:01

Thanks Pickleypickles, I would buy myself something really nice but my OH wages were about £300 short this month 😢 also we asked months ago what date her party was going to be so we could book something but her and her hubby were deliberately evasive. I am going to go and enjoy myself anyway as don't need an excuse to enjoy a drink or 2 lol

Loopydevon77 Sun 05-Nov-17 17:36:39

Anyone else had similar experience?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now