Talk

Advanced search

Stay out of it or tell ?

(6 Posts)
maybetomorrow4 Wed 01-Nov-17 16:00:21

Im moving area so leaving my job next month,so this will no longer affect me.
The thing is a work colleague, confessed to me she had been sleeping with the manager for the past 18 months. She is married with two dc and so is the manager. I know this is totally not my concern but i feel bad for the other staff that still work there as this girl gets preferential treatment all the time....and clearly now i know why. For example she is always late , off work or given minimal duties etc where as the manager is very hard on the other staff ,including me and has reduced us all to tears on so many occasions. I have not told anyone about this affair , but I am unsure what to do.Thanks in advance.

Hastalapasta Wed 01-Nov-17 20:53:28

Do nothing, will never end well.

user1493413286 Wed 01-Nov-17 20:58:09

Don’t tell about the affair but make a formal complaint about the manager as it’s his behaviour causing the problem, not the affair

twohandstwokids Thu 02-Nov-17 11:41:22

What’s a month in 18 months. Let the boss know about his terrible behavior when you leave.

MrsExpo Sun 05-Nov-17 10:14:55

I think I'd let it go. Not really your business, even though your working life has been made worse because of it. Just leave with your head up and move on. I have worked for organisations who do some sort of post leaving interview/questionnaire as a way of trying to sort out management issues and generally improve things for others in the future (it worked quite well), so if your organisation has anything similar, then comment on the manager's behaviour at work if you must, but leave the personal stuff out of it.

maybetomorrow4 Sun 05-Nov-17 19:19:47

Thank you that is good advice MrsExpo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now