Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Halloween with a baby!

(2 Posts)
LittleMansMum2017 Mon 30-Oct-17 23:02:13

Hi fellow Mums

I just wondered with Halloween tomorrow night, has anyone got any tips on how to deal with trick or treaters coming to your door when you have a baby fast asleep?

I've put out a sign to ask them to knock rather than ring the doorbell but in all honesty I'm not sure what else I can do. I don't expect the knocking to go on much beyond 8pm but still my DS is 7 months old so he will fast on by then!

I would like to participate rather than leave a note saying no trick or treating due to baby so if anyone can share how they dealt with it I'd be grateful! My friend put a basket of sweets out the front of her door but needless to say someone ran off with it so I'm reluctant to do that!

Thanks in advance x

MrsOverTheRoad Tue 31-Oct-17 00:18:24

Turn all the front lights out. It discourages people...and put a BIG sign on the door saying "Please don't knock....baby's asleep..." just incase any cheeky buggers knock.

Otherwise, leave the door open and sit in a chair intercepting them as they come...flinging mars bars up the path as they approach!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now