Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Present for bereaved family

(5 Posts)
foxychox Sun 29-Oct-17 16:47:05

Advice needed please. One of my work colleagues recently lost her husband. She has 3DC aged 7-12. At work we’d really to do something or get something for the family. We can stretch to about £100. Does anyone have any suggestions please?

KiaraS Sun 29-Oct-17 17:23:22

When my BIL DM died suddenly, my mum bought them a rose to plant in her memory and every year it blooms and they comment on how it reminds them of his dear mum and makes them smile.

Or a day out? Like peppa pig world/or equivalent so they have something to do together at some point in the future.

It's very sad and I'm sure your contribution will be very touching for them at this horrid time.

Musicaltheatremum Sun 29-Oct-17 17:27:09

Food. One of my friends bought me ready made meals from "Cook" I couldn't think what to eat and having something I could bang in the oven made it easier after I lost my husband.

endofthelinefinally Sun 29-Oct-17 17:33:12

Definitely food.
Maybe some meals for the freezer. (check whether they have a freezer with room in it. If not arrange a rota to drop round with a cooked meal at pre-arranged times)
They aren't going to feel much like going anywhere at the moment, but not having to cook would be a real help.
I speak from personal experience.

foxychox Sun 29-Oct-17 18:19:52

Thank you, some lovely ideas already smile. We prob wouldn’t do food ourselves to take round (although I imagine that would be most welcome) but vouchers for Cook might be an idea....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now