Talk

Advanced search

I’m a nervous wreck at home alone :(

(6 Posts)
Missb00 Thu 26-Oct-17 22:01:01

We’ve been burgled twice in 6 months. First time was the garage whilst we slept, second time was the house when we were on holiday. DH has gone away for work tonight and I’m a nervous wreck. Any noise or light outside and my heart is pounding, please help me to learn to relax, what can I do? ☹️

MyBrilliantDisguise Thu 26-Oct-17 22:01:53

Leave a light and the TV on downstairs? Sleep with your mobile under your pillow.

Jojobythesea Thu 26-Oct-17 22:02:33

My friend used to be like this and she used to ring me and we’d chat for an hour to take her mind off it! Do you have anyone you can call? Can you FaceTime your DH?

AnneLovesGilbert Thu 26-Oct-17 22:02:43

Oh no, you poor thing! Background noise to keep you company, tv, radio, a good film? Probably not the most sensible idea but a stiff drink might take the edge off! We're here to keep you company.

ineedamoreadultieradult Thu 26-Oct-17 22:05:46

Leave the lights on and have your phone with you. Watch really light-hearted but fairly dull TV (I always like Gold for these sort of occasions).

Do you have any pets? Even though I only have cats rather than any type of guard dogs I comfort myself that they can hear things I can't and if they are not acting like there is something going on then there probably isn't.

Missb00 Thu 26-Oct-17 22:47:30

Thanks I will do all of those things. I don’t have a TV in my bedroom but I think it would help so I’ll look into that! I have 2 dogs and one of them has been going nuts barking most of the evening, he’s making it worse! 😂 DH is out at a meal presumably so not able to FaceTime.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: