Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Been so stupid

(216 Posts)
AyeAyeFishyPie Thu 26-Oct-17 07:10:45

DH and I have decided to try to conceive but want to wait until January - various reasons, maximising mat leave and a holiday booked.
Coil came out yesterday. I had completely forgotten and had sex the night before. Do I get the MAP? I'm so stupid.

StealthPolarBear Thu 26-Oct-17 07:12:18

Well it is up to you but it's only a few months different from your original plans.

rizlett Thu 26-Oct-17 07:13:01

If it's meant to be...

AyeAyeFishyPie Thu 26-Oct-17 07:14:17

We have just spent 5k on an Indian Ocean holiday. If I can't eat seafood or drink alcohol it may be pretty much wasted.

I'm such a fucking idiot.

CosmicPineapple Thu 26-Oct-17 07:17:51

Thats not a decision any of us can make OP.

putputput Thu 26-Oct-17 07:18:08

What contraception were you going to use till January? TTC is no fixed science, you would be incredibly lucky to conceive in a set timeframe. I felt lucky that it took us only 5 months as have friends who have been trying for years. Only you know how having a baby 2 months before you had scheduled would effect your lives.

ShotsFired Thu 26-Oct-17 07:22:53

OK I get that you are panicking, but if drinking and eating fish are the key drivers for a luxury holiday in the Indian Ocean, you may as well have just gone to Blackpool and saved the cash.

No? So there ARE other attractions to your holiday besides those two pretty trivial things...

WinteryWalk Thu 26-Oct-17 07:24:31

Sorry what?? If you can’t eat fish and drink alcohol then the holiday is wasted, someone needs to hand you a grip OP hmm

AyeAyeFishyPie Thu 26-Oct-17 07:31:56

I wonder, winterywalk, if you would speak to someone to their face like that? Is there honestly any reason to be so unpleasant?

WinteryWalk Thu 26-Oct-17 07:38:49

I think I would, there are some people on here who can’t pay their rent, are being abused, cannot conceive etc etc and you’re upset because you couldn’t eat fish or drink alcohol on a £5K Indian Ocean holiday. I’ll leave this thread now so as not to cause further upset.

AccrualIntentions Thu 26-Oct-17 07:41:44

But you could start in January and then discover it takes you a lot longer, even if there are no known fertility issues. So your carefully laid plans would be scuppered by that too confused

Do what you feel you need to but I'm another one that's a bit confused at putting so much importance on being able to drink alcohol and eat certain kinds of fish on holiday.

LIZS Thu 26-Oct-17 07:41:52

Of course you could still eat fish and drink alcohol!

WheresTheEvidence Thu 26-Oct-17 07:42:23

I agree that if this holiday was so important and the timing of ttc why remove the coil now? Why not use protection?

If you're finding the inconvenice of being pregnant now/on your holiday - how are you going to cope when the actual living child is being inconvenient to your life plans.

AdalindSchade Thu 26-Oct-17 07:44:43

The MAP can be quite unpleasant but if you really don't want to be pregnant then why not? It's not harmful.

PurpleDaisies Thu 26-Oct-17 07:46:25

hmm

AyeAyeFishyPie Thu 26-Oct-17 07:47:08

Wintery - I could ask advice about being sexually abused by my brother, or having alcoholic parents - I do apologise, I wasn't aware that there was a threshold on this site.

LaBelleSausage Thu 26-Oct-17 07:49:24

If you’re worried and want to get the MAP, then go and get it. You don’t need us for reassurance.
And grab some condoms while you’re out!
Then try and relax, and enjoy your holiday when the time comes

Cakecrumbsinmybra Thu 26-Oct-17 07:49:36

Why would you not be able to eat fish/seafood??

somewhereovertherain Thu 26-Oct-17 07:50:47

No but it’s pretty pathetic to think your holidays ruined cakes you can’t get pissed or eat some fish. Who’s to say you’re pregnant anyway it could take months or years you just don’t know.

Dippingmytoesin Thu 26-Oct-17 07:51:16

Behave hmm

Cracklesfire Thu 26-Oct-17 07:52:16

Conceiving in January or even at all isn't a given and only you can decide if not drinking and eating fish on holiday outweighs the prospect of the baby you want?

FWIW I've spent the last 4 years close to tee total between ttc, pregnancy, mc's, pregnancy, breast feeding & being too bloody tired to drink. It's nothing to complain about in the grand scheme of things. And you can still eat fish when pregnant.

pipistrell Thu 26-Oct-17 07:52:44

I’m not sure why you wouldn’t be able to eat fish either to be honest. I’m also fairly sure there’d be other options available. And you can have a couple of small glasses of wine.

Anyway none of that matters as the chances of you being pregnant are vanishingly small

VoodooCat Thu 26-Oct-17 07:52:52

It depends which is more important, a baby or a holiday.

Not plaice marking at all
See what I did there? wink

guiltynetter Thu 26-Oct-17 07:53:59

AyeAye can you see why some people would be offended by your post and see it as a real ‘non problem’? if you got pregnant this quickly (one time without contraception) you would be lucky and blessed. some people will never get that. and most people don’t have to worry about not being able to eat fish on 5 thousand pound holidays.

You obviously don’t want to be pregnant now so just get the morning after pill. but you won’t get much sympathy on this post i don’t think.

user1495832265 Thu 26-Oct-17 07:54:16

hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now