Talk

Advanced search

I was attacked by another woman this morning

(69 Posts)
sweetmama11 Tue 24-Oct-17 11:11:52

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but let me know what you guys think. I was attacked by another woman this morning when I was out walking my dogs.

Here's what happened:

A few weeks ago when I was walking my dogs, I met an old man who had three dogs. One was on the lead and the two other ones, small terrier type dogs I think, were off lead and one tried to attack my dog. I shouted at it and managed to get my dogs away. I said to the man that he had a vicious dog and it should be on the lead. He ignored me and carried on.

Since this event I've seen the same man walking his dogs a few times, with his wife I believe, and I've always tried to avoid them. Today however, they were all walking behind me. At one point his dog came over to mine (the vicious one) and we all got into an argument. His wife started shouting at me, and saying that I had apparently threatened her husband. I said back that her dogs were vicious and should be controlled. I also said that her dog had repeatedly tried to attack mine for no reason. Again, her dog comes up to mine, and starts to bite at her throat, so I shout at her dog, and then her husband comes over and starts grabbing me. I managed to push him off but then she goes mental. She starts grabbing my hair and telling me to keep away from her (?!) She really grabs my hair until I'm in a kind of headlock, and then she shoves my glasses off my face. I tell her to get off and then her husband manages to pull her off me. I tell her that I'm going to report her and she keeps telling me that she's going to report ME.

I'm not really sure what to do now. I'm shaken and embarrassed more than anything. I did not expect this old woman (50s/60s maybe) to attack me. She hasn't hurt me, although she pull some of my hair out. I don't have any other marks or bruises. I'm just shocked. Should I report her? I don't know her name or where she lives. I feel like I don't have enough evidence. She would probably just get a caution anyway. I'm not really sure what I should do next.

The worst thing about having a dog is having to deal with other people's dogs and their owners. What a psycho.

Santawontbelong Tue 24-Oct-17 11:12:59

Ring the police. You have been assaulted. .

ownedbySWD Tue 24-Oct-17 11:13:40

101. She might have a record of doing this. Insane people! I'm sorry both you and your dog were attacked.

schoolgaterebel Tue 24-Oct-17 11:13:57

Phone the police immediately and report

CryptFascist Tue 24-Oct-17 11:14:10

You definitely should report this with a description of the both of them. They may be known to police already. No wonder their dog is out of control if they think this is an acceptable way to behave.

MsGameandWatching Tue 24-Oct-17 11:15:02

Tbh I wouldn’t bother ringing the police. She will say you attacked them first and without witnesses it’s just your word against hers as no doubt her husband will take her side. It’s utterky shit but that’s the truth of it. I’m so sorry this happened to you, I have experienced similar and the impotence I felt at getting no justice for it was almost worse than the actual assault.

TopBitchoftheWitches Tue 24-Oct-17 11:15:06

Report them.

Hope you are ok flowers

sweetmama11 Tue 24-Oct-17 11:17:06

Thanks for the replies. I think I'm still in shock. You just don't expect something like this to happen at 7 in the morning! It just got out of control so quickly. I feel lucky she didn't really hit me or something sad

Bluntness100 Tue 24-Oct-17 11:20:32

I’d call 101 and report. I think there should be a record of it. Plus she may have reported you.

Finola1step Tue 24-Oct-17 11:23:39

Yep, call 101.

missyB1 Tue 24-Oct-17 11:27:32

Well they have an aggressive dog off the lead that may badly hurt another dog or God forbid a child, for that reason alone I would be reporting! As for the assault yes absolutely at the very least they need to know you reported it.
I agree with you as a dog owner myself I’ve come across some very weird owners.

spiderlight Tue 24-Oct-17 11:33:58

Definitely report the incident to the police and to the dog warden. Horrible thing to happen! You must be shaken up sad Is your dog OK?

TheGirlWhoWasntThere Tue 24-Oct-17 11:36:23

Absolutely report them. You have been assaulted and they have a dangerous, out of control dog.

I hope you are OK.
flowers

musicform Tue 24-Oct-17 11:37:03

Report them - to that idiot who said dont bother - she may well report you and you will have the police knocking on your door. At least you can get some advice from them. You may also want to report to the dog warden

MusicToMyEars800 Tue 24-Oct-17 11:38:28

Report them for the assault and the for being irresponsible dog owners.

Hope you're ok OP flowers

tiggytape Tue 24-Oct-17 11:39:20

I agree about reporting it.
Just logging the 3 incidents (both people assaulted you and their dog is aggressive and not controlled) is important

Even if you decide not to pursue it. Even if they are never caught. Even if there is not enough proof, this couple and their dog are out of control and aggressive.

You've had a terrible experience and it isn't unthinkable that the same couple or their dog could do even more damage to someone else. They may already be known for it by the police already.

MsGameandWatching Tue 24-Oct-17 11:39:29

Report them - to that idiot who said dont bother

Is that really necessary? You sound really rather aggressive and rude yourself to be quite honest...

Mishappening Tue 24-Oct-17 11:39:44

Sell the dog!

But meantime report them.

PS 50/60s is not old!

AnarchyKitty Tue 24-Oct-17 11:39:57

Report them. My friend had to after she was constantly abused by a bloke with a vicious dog. He now has some sort of caution (?) not to walk the dog in the same area when she is there.

BishopstonFaffing Tue 24-Oct-17 11:40:47

Please report this to the police. I hope you're ok.

BertrandRussell Tue 24-Oct-17 11:42:48

Police. But when you describe her, don't call her old. You will give the wrong impression,

blueskyinmarch Tue 24-Oct-17 11:45:17

That is awful. you really need to report this to the police as an assault.

As a little aside 50/60 is definitely not old. I am 55 and am rather offended at the idea.

SilverSpot Tue 24-Oct-17 11:46:37

Wow that is a horrible thing to happen to you :-(

I also think phone 101

PerfumeIsAMessage Tue 24-Oct-17 11:48:48

You have been basically beaten up by 2 people and are asking what to do?

I get you are in shock but it's a no-brainer, surely. Particularly as you are able to identify them because you have met them in the same place before.

flowers from an "old" (apparently) woman (52 tomorrow)

Sweetpea55 Tue 24-Oct-17 11:50:59

Of course you must report this His wife shouldn't get away with this. You've been assaulted,,There may be other people that have had altercations with the man and his dog, and even his wife, ,And as someone else has said ,what if its a child next time ?
Hope you're feeling a bit better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now