Advanced search

Tax Credits

(4 Posts)
jordan240493 Mon 23-Oct-17 10:23:11

Hello smile

I currently work doing 35 hours a week and don't receive any working tax credits as I earn over the threshold but my and my partner do currently receive child tax credits. My Partner has very recently started working 2 nights a week. I was wondering if we need to make anybody aware of this and if so who? I don't want any fines or have to pay any money back for being over paid for not contacting the right authorities.

RebootYourEngine Mon 23-Oct-17 10:28:15

Any change of circumstances need to be reported to the tax credit office.

victoire1208 Mon 23-Oct-17 10:30:42

The new income will effect the payments so you need to tell them as soon as possible.

sinceyouask Mon 23-Oct-17 10:38:20

You can probably do this online here. There's advice from HMRC about what needs reporting and how soon here. I would always advise you to report everything you even think might have an effect on your claim, and do it immediately.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: