Talk

Advanced search

Friend had miscarriage

(4 Posts)
GerrytheBerry Fri 20-Oct-17 16:18:05

Ds1 started in reception in September and I walk to and from school with another lovely mummy a couple times a week. She lives around the corner and told me she was expecting again and was having an extra scan last week due to her being an older mum and was planning on asking if they'd tell her the sex, she was sure it was a girl and I'd said I would keep my baby girl things that were outgrown for her which she was grateful for.
I didn't see her this week as I usually do but saw her today walking home and bounded up to her asking 'did you find out what you're having?' she said no, the baby died, and rushed off. I could have slapped myself around the head I said I'm so sorry, I just feel absolutely awful for her.
I don't now her exact house and I don't have her phone number, but I just feel that I want to do something for her, but have no idea what. Obviously don't want to intrude or anything but would like to let her know that I care.
Do I just leave it? I can't imagine how awful she must feel every time anyone asks about how her pregnancy is going.
Wwyd?

northdownmummy Fri 20-Oct-17 16:25:50

When I had my miscarriage one of the most touching gongs was a message from a colleague saying “ if you ever want to talk about it I’m here, if you never want to talk about it I understand . So sorry this has happened to you”

Meant a lot to me

HashtagTired Sat 21-Oct-17 01:37:50

I agree with north. That message sounds perfect. Maybe, if you don’t have her number just write it on a card so she can read it in her own time.

GerrytheBerry Sat 21-Oct-17 09:06:30

Thank you I shall do that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now