Talk

Advanced search

Holidays - splash out or save?

(5 Posts)
sosofedupnow Wed 18-Oct-17 21:05:42

So I'm a single mum I have had a very hard year and I want to go away in December. I have found cheap holidays for around £600 each in the canaries that are very affordable, nice hotels but it won't be as hot as I would like.
I have also seen a holiday with a company I have never used before to Thailand where I have always wanted to go. It will cost around £1,000 each (I will be paying for two) for b&b only.

Would you splash out on the holiday you really want or just have a modest break?

I have about £1,400 in savings so I wouldn't have to add too much to it to afford the holiday then I would need spending money too.

BastardTart Wed 18-Oct-17 21:11:17

I'd go on a small holiday this Christmas and save a bit more for Thailand next year... Luxury hotels in Thailand can be heavenly and -- sometimes really cheap on Expedia, last-minute, etc-- but if Thailand is your dream holiday then make sure you have enough budget to do everything you'd like to whilst you're there

sosofedupnow Wed 18-Oct-17 22:24:32

Yes that sounds very sensible, also the thing that is making me question going to Thailand is because my dd is only 10 and I'm not sure if that's the most appropriate holiday for her. I think I will go for the cheaper holiday atleast I will still get some sun smile

safariboot Wed 18-Oct-17 23:57:03

I think I'd prefer the Canaries with a little one anyway. If only because Thailand's an awfully long flight.

LapdanceShoeshine Thu 19-Oct-17 00:04:16

Have a look at Sri Lanka. DD2 just came back from there & adored it, & she did the whole SE Asia thing last year, inc Thailand, but liked this much better. And it's nearer! Pretty cheap too smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now