Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Spa day but no Massage

(4 Posts)
CharWestie Mon 16-Oct-17 20:02:40

Hi All I just wanted an your thoughts today I went to a Spa Day which has been organised for a while, on Friday (4 days ago) I found it I’m four weeks pregnant. When I arrived I was told I wasn’t allowed a massage, in the jacuzzi, sauna, steam room, hot tub or the champagne lunch. Now I appreciate I wouldn’t have the champagne and I’ve read about the heat in all the different facilities but the massage threw me. Has anyone else had this reaction to being pregnant at a spa? smile

minipie Mon 16-Oct-17 20:20:01

Most places won't touch you pre 12 weeks IME. I spoke to an excellent massage therapist I know and she said it is for a good reason - a decent massage can cause hormonal surges which could affect an early pregnancy. Appreciate it must have been disappointing though!

FruitBadger Mon 16-Oct-17 20:24:21

I have seen this when I've been on spa days with friends in the early stages of pregnancy. Having said that, all venues I've been to have offered to swap the treatment for something else, e.g. a mani/pedi. I would have felt a bit miffed if they'd not offered an alternative or a discount.

CharWestie Mon 16-Oct-17 21:35:18

Thanks, I wasn’t sure because I’d heard mixed views but if it was the right thing to do then I’m happy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now