Talk

Advanced search

If you won the lottery what would you do?

(18 Posts)
DaisyRaine90 Mon 16-Oct-17 10:05:02

If you won loads of money what would you do with it?

Who would you tell, if anyone?
Would you go public ie. tell the papers etc. Or keep it private?

How would you spend the money??

Just for fun 😆

DaisyRaine90 Mon 16-Oct-17 23:45:18

Anyone??

hollyisalovelyname Tue 17-Oct-17 09:28:34

I wouldn't go public.
I'd buy the house of my dreams- it's for sale at the moment.
I'd give large donations to different charities.
I'd tell my dh.

DaisyRaine90 Tue 17-Oct-17 09:34:59

Sounds like a good plan, I wouldn’t go public either and just tell DP

Xx

MrsMotherHen Tue 17-Oct-17 09:37:31

would buy a nice house not overly expensive but just nice
Buy my sister a house.
Send the kids to private school
get a nice car.

hollyisalovelyname Tue 17-Oct-17 12:03:11

Would give to relatives and friend annonomously.

Pombliboo123 Tue 17-Oct-17 12:10:51

I wouldn't tell anybody, except my boss. Take 2 weeks off and go to the most luxurious spa resort in the world and stay there for 2 weeks and really think hard about who I wanted to tell and what I was going to do with it.

Give some to my mum (though she probably wouldn't accept a penny) And some to my brother.

Maybe open some sort of doggy day care facility 😂

Oliversmumsarmy Tue 17-Oct-17 12:17:50

Wouldn't tell anyone. Sell everything then book myself into a hotel on some Caribbean island and when I got sick of the view move somewhere else.

Every so often if I saw a business I liked I would give it a go then sell it and move on.

NameChanger22 Tue 17-Oct-17 12:20:10

I would try not to tell people, but then I'd be unable to contain my excitement and blurt it out.

I'd give work no notice at all, maybe half an hour.

I'd sell our house and buy a dream house, probably somewhere better than the UK. Then I'd go on lots of lovely long holidays with DD, I have a list of wonderful places ready and waiting.

I'd give some money to friends, probably about 10% of total winnings.

1stDinkyDecker Tue 17-Oct-17 12:23:56

1. make sure it was true and the money hit my account

2. quit work

3. make sure all the people I wanted to give too got something

4. whatever I felt like on any given daysmile

Dairymilkmuncher Tue 17-Oct-17 12:31:17

I've stopped playing it now trying to cut down direct debits but I have thought about this an unhealthy amount for years and years it's my absolute favourite day dream.

Wouldn't tell anyone apart from my DP not even my kids or mum. Definitely keep anonymous.

Would try and keep life as normal but nice as possible so to never give it away, so buy the house we currently rent in cash or similar house in the same village but say we have a mortgage.

Get a new car that's not too flash but have it paid outright.

Would buy whatever % of my mum's house she hasn't paid off yet so she can retire without a lodger, say it was cashed in shares we were reinvesting in property.

Pay off nextvyears holiday and book another couple small luxury ones in the school holidays.

Find something new and interesting to invest to be a hobby job.

Pay for tutors to teach me and the family new languages.

Get my mother in law some home help.

Try and find a way to treat all my sisters to life changing things like cars etc but without letting them know how I have the money is my hardest one though

CandyMelts Tue 17-Oct-17 12:31:17

Stay private
Buy a small holding and open it as a rare breeds/ petting farm type thing, with an amazing not for profit cafe
Both give up current jobs to work on this
Pay for awesome private health care

Shakey15000 Tue 17-Oct-17 12:33:55

I also wouldn’t work my notice and would take great pleasure in telling them to stick their poxy job up their arse before flouncing in spectacular fashion smile

Book a luxury holiday and like a pp, use the time to think about what I’d do.

One thing I’d love to do for sure is, when you see those news reports of folk that need medical treatment not available in this country and the like, to be able to ring up and cover the cost anonymously would be the best feeling.

DaisyRaine90 Tue 17-Oct-17 12:38:38

Tell them you invested a little in the stock market and we’re lucky x

Kursk Tue 17-Oct-17 12:48:43

Buy a 200 acre small holding in Northern Alaska, at least 2 days travel from a town.

I would set it up just how I want it, then sell everything else and move my family up there.

The remaining money I would probably convert to gold coins, and bury it on the small holding for when I need it.

angelsgirls Tue 17-Oct-17 12:56:58

I won't tell anyone except immediate family

I would buy s house, nothing fancy just a detached low maintenance 5 bed (around 500k) so everyone had own bedroom instead of sharing

I would buy myself a new car again nothing fancy just a decent 7 seater

Prob wouldn't send older children to private school as doubt they would want to move (teens) but would get them some serious tutoring/help especially for oldest who has SENDS but may send toddler private when time comes

Oh and round by a static caravan somewhere lovely on the coast so we could just go off weekends/school hols

Oliversmumsarmy Wed 18-Oct-17 07:24:02

Am I the only one who would sell possessions/house/cars and not buy anything.

PeachMelbaPud Wed 18-Oct-17 07:32:37

I'd keep it private
Buy a naice big bungalow with a swimming pool
Buy dm a bungalow
Buy a luxury motorhome
Private tutor for dcs
Help for sn dcs
Give a big wad to fav charities
Have a holiday

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now