Talk

Advanced search

'smart' people loft inspection (??)

(2 Posts)
Emmaar22 Sun 15-Oct-17 14:55:56

I had a guy come to my door, he had a clipboard and a polo shirt on with the logo 'smart' on it. He wanted to inspect my loft to see how old my fibreglass insulation was...but the appointment had to be made with both me & hubby here. I thought he was with edf energy & made an appointment...but we are suspicious about this 😕
On 2nd thoughts, he could plant a bug in my house? we have a smart meter with edf..

Sue

DontCallMeCharlotte Tue 17-Oct-17 12:50:36

He wants to sell you new insulation. Unless you want new insulation, cancel the appointment.

They like both of you to be there as, if you were on your own, you could say "I don't want to decide without speaking to my husband" (or vice versa if your husband was alone) which would be a waste of his time.

He will stay until the early hours and you will (both) sign up just to get rid of him because you'll be suffering worse sleep deprivation than a ebf mother of triplets.

P.S. You already have a bug in your house if you have a smartphone or smart TV...

Well, aren't I a little ray of sunshine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now