Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Flaky best friend

(3 Posts)
Ghirlb Sat 14-Oct-17 11:27:07

So i have thos friend who i consider very important to me and always have. We have been friends since we were about 5 years old and she has moved around alot over the years and we maintained our friendship via letters.
Anyway since probably about the age of 17/18 she has become so flaky. She arranges nights out and nearly always cancels. I arrange nights out and she cancels at the last minute. I got her to go out with me two nights this year and i paid for both of us as per usual. In her defence she has two children and is juggling that and college at the moment however she was like this before she had all these responsibilities and its hurting me. I wish she would just be straight with me. Another thing she lives across the road from me now.. never even told me she had moved there i found out through her bfs mum!! Plus she never ever visits its always me that makes the effort and i jist don't know what to do?
I have put so much in to this friendship and feel like its just a one way street! The only time she has been to my house is usually when im paying for her night out! My family have said to me for years that she is not a friend but its difficult to explain why i can't just give it up and make new friends.
Well this is getting ridiculously long so I'll leave it here. Any advice/experiences would be so much appreciated 😊

Mrsdarcyiwish10 Thu 19-Oct-17 14:32:50

I had to let go a friend of 20 years. It was always me texting to meet up or have a coffee,mshenwould cancel meet ups if someone better came along, I stopped texting her to see how long it would be before she text me to see if I was ok, it's been about 4 years so far, yes it hurt for a while but I'm so much better off without them.

Ghirlb Thu 19-Oct-17 14:50:11

Thankyou for reply . I think i shall do the same now as she is not wasting anymore of my time. 😓

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now