Talk

Advanced search

My neighbour's dig bit me today

(3 Posts)
margaritasbythesea Wed 11-Oct-17 19:37:29

I live abroad, which is relevant because I don't really know the norms here as haven't been here long, in a block of flats with two flats on each level. My immediate neighbour has three dogs. They're all rather skittish and she explained to me when we moved in that one of them is very afraid of people and is a rescue dog. I keep a wide berth and make sure the kids are calm and quiet around them.

My neighbour has got into the habit of leaving the front door open when going out of in while she collects her keys, puts he bags down etc and if I happen to be in the hall all three rush out at me barking until she shops them inside.

This lunchtime when I left the house to collect the children the neighbours door was open and before I knew what was happening the one that is particularly scared ran out and bit me. It didn´t cut the skin but it bit me on the foot and on the achilles tendon of the other foot and it is rather sore. I feel a bit shocked and I am worried about the children.

I saw her by chance without the dogs and I asked her to make sure she doesn't leave the door open again. She was very sorry and promised she wouldn't.

I told DH about it. He is from the country we are living in, but doesn't live here (long story). He thinks it is a very serious situation and that I should inform the President of the building as it took place in a communal area (apartment blocks are arranged like that here. It's a formal legal structure). He also thinks I should register it with the go ( there's only a couple of bruises to show). He wants to speak to her too and get my mil too if I need help.

I have tried to speak to the neighbour below who is very sensible tonight but he's not in to see what he thinks. As he's not there, I thought I'd ask you says. Leave it as it is or report it to the President of the building?

margaritasbythesea Wed 11-Oct-17 19:38:05

DOG even! Gah.

margaritasbythesea Wed 11-Oct-17 20:00:41

I think I am going to repost this in chat and try and get the title right.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now