Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

WWYD - Son withdrawing from outdoor play due to NDN

(4 Posts)
RhiandJoe Tue 10-Oct-17 21:20:29

We have lived next to NDN for 2 years, their son is 3 years older than mine. Sometimes the children play out nicely together but more often than not my son has problems with NDN son.
In the past I have spoken to NDN son but his parents have said I shouldn't speak directly to him and should go to them with any issues.
When speaking to NDN they always deny their sons involvement even when: I have seen their son do something, a lot of other children have said their son is the culprit, or it has been proved he was in the wrong.

Basically we cannot have a reasonable grownup discussion.
This evening one of my son's toys has been irreparable ly broken, 6 children say it was NDN, his parents deny he had anything to do with it. This is just the latest in a long line of issues.

Now my son wants to stop going out playing because NDN can do whatever he wants, mostly to my son, and get away with it.

What would you do?

KingIrving Wed 11-Oct-17 00:35:48

Can you put a fence? Even a symbolic one like chicken fencing inexpensive and easy to install?
Have your son play in his garden and just say to NDN you believe it is better to give the kids a break .
If communal garden, trickier.

You won't changer their views on their precious (not so much) son, so avoidance is the best solution.

RhiandJoe Wed 11-Oct-17 14:10:07

All the children play in the street, I don't really want to stop my son going out within his boundaries.
You're probably right about avoidance being the best solution.

Chocolatecake12 Wed 11-Oct-17 14:14:35

Go out and watch them! IVe done thing is in the past for very similar issues. NDN kid can’t get away with being mean and breaking toys if you are watching. And if he’s mean then tell him off if the parents are not prepared to!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now