Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What would you do - child afraid of NDN son?

(5 Posts)
RhiandJoe Tue 10-Oct-17 20:02:50

We have lived next to NDN for 2 years, their son is 3 years older than mine. Sometimes the children play out nicely together but more often than not my son has problems with NDN son.
In the past I have spoken to NDN son but his parents have said I shouldn't speak directly to him and should go to them with any issues.
When speaking to NDN they always deny their sons involvement even when: I have seen their son do something, a lot of other children have said their son is the culprit, or it has been proved he was in the wrong.

Basically we cannot have a reasonable grownup discussion.
This evening one of my son's toys has been irreparable ly broken, 6 children say it was NDN, his parents deny he had anything to do with it. This is just the latest in a long line of issues.

Now my son wants to stop going out playing because NDN can do whatever he wants, mostly to my son, and get away with it.

What would you do?

RhiandJoe Tue 10-Oct-17 20:16:29

All advice gratefully received!

Shoxfordian Wed 11-Oct-17 05:50:48

I would probably be inclined to stop my son playing with the ndn child as clearly his parents aren't interested in making him behave well. Can you encourage other friendships so your son doesn't feel lonely but maybe just stop playing in groups with the ndn? Maybe he has nicer friends at school?

smellybeanpole Wed 11-Oct-17 06:02:44

Maybe have some of his friends to yours for a while Instead of playing out.

RhiandJoe Wed 11-Oct-17 14:12:19

Friends over to play is a good idea!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now