Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Stags

(5 Posts)
sarahlouisew1987 Tue 10-Oct-17 09:09:41

So the hubby and I have 7 weddings next year. He wants to attend 6 out of the 7 stag dos, 3 are abroad, one of which has the stag and wedding abroad! We have a 12 month old baby.

AIBU to put my foot down for the 3 stags abroad as they are a big financial and holiday allowance commitment?

The whole stag culture has got me so angry; it's go big or go home. I think I'm very old fashioned but what happened to a day/night with your close mates/family in the U.K?!

Shoxfordian Tue 10-Oct-17 15:00:55

If you can afford it then I don't see why he wouldn't go

Are you going to the hen dos? Are they abroad too?

Dustbunny1900 Tue 10-Oct-17 15:05:22

Wow people on MN do lots of weddings. Think I've been to maybe one wedding ever, and think it's ridiculous that they expect you to pay so much and take so much time off work for THEIR wedding or stag party.
So yeah I agree op. I flabbergasted at the money guests are expected to spend

Bumdishcloths Tue 10-Oct-17 15:30:56

I don't even know enough people to get invited to 7 weddings 😂

sarahfrecklerose Tue 10-Oct-17 15:51:41

No I'm only going on 2 hens and they will be in the UK, quite low key. We can afford it, but it would mean compromising on our own family trips/events, and personally family come first.

It's not the grooms faults we have so many to go to but I do think some consideration should be put into, do you value, all your friends there or to show off what you did and where.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now