Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Wedding Abroad

(4 Posts)
Ck1011993 Tue 26-Sep-17 10:34:39

My DH and I have been invited to a wedding abroad. He has been asked to be an usher, which he gratefully accepted some time ago. In the past few months we learned more about the wedding and the fact that it was going to be held abroad. Initially we were excited at the prospect but then we learned more about the venue. While the venue looks lovely, it is in a rural village, a 2.5 hour drive from the nearest airport. Neither of us drive, nor do we know any of the other guests who will be in attendance in order to “hitch a ride”. The bride and groom have gone no way to assisting in how we are supposed to get from A to B and short of getting a taxi at a cost of about €250 each way, I am at a loss of what to do. I know it is not my wedding and it is up to them how they celebrate their vows but I can’t help but think that this is really inconsiderate – choosing a venue which is so difficult for guests to reach, with no assistance in place by way of reaching the venue. Of course we are still going to go, especially with DH having asked to be a part of the wedding but I wanted to see what other people think as the more I think about arranging logistics, the more stressed I become.

Shoxfordian Tue 10-Oct-17 15:46:54

Sounds like you need to book a taxi then

FacelikeaBagofHammers Tue 10-Oct-17 15:52:32

Any sort of public transport that would take you some of the way there?

I'd ask the Bride & Groom to see if there are any other guests who might share the cost of a hired car or the transfer.

But yeah, it's a bit crap of them not to consider how their guests are to actually get to the venue. Not everyone can afford a hire car even if they did drive, on top of the flights etc.

2014newme Tue 10-Oct-17 15:53:01

I think we would probably not hp. You don't have to gratefully accept being an usher you can say sorry we can't make it to the overseas wedding have a lovely time.
If you insist on going then hire a car, get a taxi or ask b&g for detailed of any others you can cadge a lift with.

Sounds like this could cost a fortune plus stag night won't be cheap. I'd rather have a holiday somewhere of my own choosing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now