Talk

Advanced search

Sleep

(8 Posts)
mumof2sarah Mon 25-Sep-17 21:23:06

Ok so ... I'm a rubbish sleeper, I'm lucky if I get 2 hours sleep a night and I'm so so tired. Just after advice on what other do to help them settle or what they take etc to help with their sleep TIA x

Auntiedahlia Thu 28-Sep-17 20:57:17

Have you tried Nytol?

Thinkingofausername1 Tue 03-Oct-17 22:56:40

I've been the opposite this week. Every time I sit down after doing stuff I have fallen asleep. I think I need to go to gp as it's been happening for a few days now. Have you tried a bath, or some relaxation cds? cutting down on caffeine in the evening might help too.

TillyMint81 Wed 04-Oct-17 10:02:04

Boring answer but probably need to look at your diet and your routine in the run up to bedtime. Screens such as iPads and phones have been linked to poor slew due to the lighting messing up the circadian rhythms x

mumof2sarah Sat 07-Oct-17 07:59:49

Thank you for all your replies, I've suffered from lack of sleep for 8/9 years now and every now and again it just gets slightly worse. I refuse sleeping medication as O hear so many stories about them and I'm already on a million medications for health problems. I've started changing my routine/diet etc in the hope I'll find a perfect combination for sleeping 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Smarshian Sat 07-Oct-17 08:03:57

I'd definitely recommend a routine before bed to wind down. Maybe a nice bath/hot drink and some calming music. No screens etc. Works for my dd(!)
Also maybe try hollands and Barrett's for some herbal alternatives if you don't like medicine.

Eminybob Sat 07-Oct-17 08:05:29

I'm on 20mg of amitryptaline for insomnia and it really works. Its not sleeping medication as such because you can't use sleeping pills for extended periods of time, it's an anti depressant/anxiety but does the trick without any side effects really.
Mirtazapine is also good.

Eminybob Sat 07-Oct-17 08:07:15

Sorry, just properly read your second post, so my post probably isn't much use to you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now