Talk

Advanced search

I don't know what to do?

(15 Posts)
CocaColaZero Mon 25-Sep-17 15:06:43

Hi, this is my first post but I read threads.smile I am 16 (I know but I thought mumsnet might be the best place to post this) I have just left school and last week started college (Just to add I have Severe/Moderate anxiety and it took me a lot of guts to post this!) Anyway I got bullied at my mainstream school and it got so bad that I had depression. I moved to a new school which I settled in more. Last week I went to college and discovered that my bullies were on my course which is level 3 health and social care as I want to be a nurse and then progress to become a practice nurse or health visitor. I haven't been back since because of my anxiety, I was thinking of doing an apprenticeship in pharmacy (unrelated I know but I have a passion about medicine and medication) and then working for a bit then an access course or college and then uni. I don't know what to do anymore and any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you smile

SfaOkaySuperFurryAnimals Mon 25-Sep-17 15:17:52

Can you go to the college speak to someone involved on well being/ pastor care /student services, so that you can reach your potential...or apply for same course somewhere else maybe. I am so sorry to hear of your tough time, as a mum of two daughters and an individual bullied relentlessly at secondary school, I really want you to find a way round this issue and get tour level 3. Make a success of yourself, its the best revenge for the skanks that made you miserable. I have a wonderful life now in forty and you will too, be brave flowers

purplecollar Mon 25-Sep-17 15:19:59

Can you transfer to another college where they do the same course?

Or is there another class within the course that you could be transferred to?

Another option might be to sign up for A levels to get onto the nursing course?

It seems sad that you would be giving up what you want to do. Could you delay for a year, gaining some work experience in the meantime or following a relevant course?

Another option is to speak to the college and let them know your concerns. That way the tutor might be able to take measures to ensure any hint of bullying is not tolerated and provide a bit of extra support for you.

NC4now Mon 25-Sep-17 15:24:56

Definitely speak to college. Is there a student welfare department or do you have a personal tutor?
If it's difficult to do in person you could email them.
This is such a horrible situation for you. I came face to face with my school bully after I'd left and it shook me up. But you can't let these girls hold you back from your dreams.
Speak to college. I hope you find a way through this. flowers

CocaColaZero Mon 25-Sep-17 15:30:19

Thank you so much for your replies smile

My mom is phoning the college to arrange a meeting, so we can discuss it then. About A levels, I didn't get that good gcses 4 Cs and 1 D but I'm having a look around and I can change classes if I want but I don't know if I am up to staying there even though the staff are really supportive and kind. Thank you again for you really kind advice and lovely comments

Trying2bgd Mon 25-Sep-17 15:34:35

flowers

I would agree that you should call the college and explain what is happening and see what ideas they have. Alternatively, look into if there are other places that do this course and see if you can transfer.
Although you shouldn't let these so and so's, I understand that at this moment in time, facing them is not necessarily the right thing for you to do. I believe that you will make a great nurse and will find a way. Look after yourself.

Laura25o6 Mon 25-Sep-17 15:35:27

Hi OP

I was in a very similar situation when I was a youngster where bullying was kind of shrugged and ignored. Throughout high school I was severely bullied by a group of girls, teachers did nothing about it even when I'd just had my TB jab and one of the girls punched my arm that hard as the nurse had the needle it. Can hear my screams still. Had to have it redone as nurse didn't know if I'd had the shot, anyway school did jack.
Once I left and started high school that same girl was in my class, my heart sank and I had a massive panic attack, my tutor sat with me and I explained the history and luckily for me, the tutor requested a transfer for the girl. She left and i carried on my course and passed with a distinction. Had she still have been there I would have walked.
So all I'm saying is please speak up, bullying these days I'm sure are dealt with in a whole different way to when I was at school. Don't be afraid to ask for help. X

CocaColaZero Mon 25-Sep-17 16:25:54

Thank you I'm looking at different colleges in the area now and hopefully talk to the college tomorrow to see what can be done I will update tomorrow if you want me to but for now I'm just going to forget about it as I keep over thinking and getting worried. sad

CocaColaZero Mon 25-Sep-17 16:38:45

Also flowers to you Laura25o6 I hope you're ok now as that sounds bad mine wasn't physical but it was horrible people spreading rumours and saying stuff about me and calling me stuff, also it was very embarrassing in science as I had No one to partner up with. Bullying is horrible and the bully wants to be a mental health nurse confused

Laura25o6 Mon 25-Sep-17 18:09:01

@CocaColaZero I'm so much stronger now. Won't let anyone beat me down. Say it how it is and if people don't like it I don't care haha. Just hope you have a good outcome too hun xx

Laura25o6 Fri 29-Sep-17 07:31:23

OP how did it go with your dean/tutor xx been thinking about you all week xx

Trying2bgd Fri 29-Sep-17 14:25:00

I hope the college were able to help you find a solution. Good luck with everything xx

CocaColaZero Tue 03-Oct-17 19:03:44

Sorry for the late reply and thank you for the supportive messages smile I've been talking to my social worker (I'm on a child protection plan due to neglect) and she said an apprenticeship would be a best option and college did suggest changing class but I can't face it, next week I'm talking to the college and they will help me find an apprenticeship hopefully smile xx

Laura25o6 Wed 04-Oct-17 10:18:32

Excellent news OP hope things work out for you Hun good luck xx

CocaColaZero Wed 04-Oct-17 11:02:30

Thank you I still want to be a nurse but I'll do that when I am a bit older when my anxiety gets better xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: