Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Do I move?

(6 Posts)
user1498406094 Sun 25-Jun-17 17:28:53

Ok, I have spent most of my life in Cornwall and it is my home. I have many friends here, a handful being close. However, I am missing my family who live in Rayleigh, Essex. Do I move, if I do then where in Essex. I like Rayleigh bit have looked at Kelvedon too....or somewhere else? Or do I stay in Cornwall, where I know and always think 'what if'? But then, what if I move and hate it after giving up a house I like. I really don't know what to do? My eldest is at a preschool that he loves and my youngest has not started yet. Help!

Mrsdarcyiwish10 Thu 29-Jun-17 12:07:13

Sim would move if you want to be near to your family and for you DC to grow up around them. Can you take a holiday back to Essex and look around the areas you like to see what is available.

user1498406094 Thu 29-Jun-17 18:00:01

Thanks for replying, I was going to give up on this! Yes, I'm going to go up next month for a few days. I want to be sure as I do love my house and where I live in Cornwall and kids love it too, but miss my family more. Wanted other people's views and maybe some recommendations on where is nice near Rayleigh. Such a big decision! All my family want me up there but need some neutral advice 🙂

GreenTulips Thu 29-Jun-17 18:06:38

Why do you want to move
What about work/job availability
What does each area offer - like schools safety clean air etc

I don't know either areas! So I'm not biased!!

Why did you move in the first place? What was the pull?

Mrsdarcyiwish10 Thu 29-Jun-17 18:54:43

Sorry I can't help with the areas as I'm in Wales 😀, hope your trip goes well though

user1498406094 Fri 30-Jun-17 16:09:28

I moved down here because I was 5 years old and had no choice, I came down with my Mum. The job availability up there is better, the air down here is better, safety down there was better but probably about the same now. Some schools are bad and some are good in both places. There are so many fors and againsts of both places which is why I'm in such a dilemma. I love my house, my son loves his preschool, although I have friends here I miss my family......what to do

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now