Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

School staff spreading nasty gossip

(7 Posts)
Playmobilpeacock Thu 22-Jun-17 17:44:40

As I was waiting in the playground at pick up I overheard a parent tell another parent a piece of gossip about a family at the school.

This gossip wasn't school related, more along the lines of seeing them get fined for having no tv licence.

They were both having a good giggle and smirk over it. They are part of a group of parents known for being bitchy and usually I ignore their tedious behaviour but, this parent is also a member of staff at the school.

I find it so nasty and spiteful to spread this gossip especially when she deals with the children from this family.

Would you say something to the school and if so, what?

junebirthdaygirl Thu 22-Jun-17 18:05:15

I would definitely tell Principal what happened. Thats desperate. Was it a teacher or a member of canteen staff. Far worse if it was a teacher. I hate gossip and schools have to be very careful.

Playmobilpeacock Thu 22-Jun-17 19:16:58

I hate gossip too and I'm not sure if it's colouring my view of the situation.

Playmobilpeacock Thu 22-Jun-17 20:27:40

Bumping for some other opinions.

gottachangethename1 Thu 22-Jun-17 22:55:28

I wouldn't say anything, but that's probably because having been a teacher unfortunately parents are often the topic of conversation in staff rooms. Yes, it's wrong but it does happen a lot.

FeralBeryl Thu 22-Jun-17 23:18:56

Yep in the staff room is one thing - but in a public area I would expect a little more professionalism.
OP I would certainly mention it to the Head. You don't even have to elaborate if you don't want to, just something along the lines of asking her/him to remind staff that they can be heard and not to speak about people about anything they wouldn't say to them personally.
You don't have to discuss the content or even the staff member.

ShowMeWhatYouGot Mon 03-Jul-17 13:55:49

Yes tell Someone. I used to be headteachers PA & would defiantly like to hear if any of my staff were behaving this way!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now