Talk

Advanced search

WWYD woman smiling and me

(6 Posts)
Fidoandacupoftea Sat 17-Jun-17 15:29:49

Hugely embarrassed, didn't know how to react. A lady walking towards me was grinning, I smiled back as there was no one nearby. Turns out she was cleaning her teeth and closed her mouth. Should I have carried smiling, I just froze, WWYD. Advice would be helpful as happened s few times before where ppl were on the phone.

VerityHabitat Sat 17-Jun-17 15:32:47

Laugh at yourself?

A few days ago a woman was smiling and waving enthusiastically at me so I smiled widely back at her only to realise that there was another woman behind me.

It's funny OP. It's ok, people make mistakes. Laugh at yourself - it's a good thing. smile

Fidoandacupoftea Sat 17-Jun-17 15:45:53

Oh I did laugh at myself, but didn't know whether to stop smiling or carry on

VerityHabitat Sat 17-Jun-17 15:47:00

Keep smiling and carry on.

No reason to stop smiling once you've started!

orangeglove Sat 17-Jun-17 15:48:31

I wouldn't be embarrassed. I smile at and/or say hello strangers all the time, most smile back. It's a nice thing to do -- you don't have to know someone to smile at them!

HmmOkay Sat 17-Jun-17 15:55:51

I've looked at someone who seems familiar and given a small smile in recognition. Other person gives a small smile. I give a bigger smile and walk towards them. Other person gives a bigger smile and walks towards me at the same time.

Finally realise I am looking at myself in a large mirror.

Slink off sheepishly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now