Talk

Advanced search

Met this guy..

(22 Posts)
Amibonkersorwhat Sun 11-Jun-17 17:51:15

Random 1 but I met this guy at a course and you know when you just know there was something between us!

We couldn't stop smiling and chatting together but we were also both a bit shy.
I NEVER like anyone and have been single a long time but I can't stop thinking about him sad
I felt at the end he was kinda hovering (perhaps for my number?) but I befriended another lady who took my number so he left..

Am I a psycho if I ask the course leader to pass on my number?

I kinda feel he might think what a nutter 😆 🙈 But I also think if you don't ask you'll never know!

Advice please people 😬 Xx

purplecoathanger Sun 11-Jun-17 17:52:42

Do it, you'll just never know if you don't.

EmmaC78 Sun 11-Jun-17 18:04:07

Is there another way to find him - by Facebook or LinkedIn and perhaps message him that way?

WhatsGoingOnEh Sun 11-Jun-17 18:10:44

He'll contact the course leader to get your info. Just wait. He'll do it. If he liked you as much as you liked him, he will track you down.

When was the course?

Amibonkersorwhat Sun 11-Jun-17 18:19:35

It was yesterday.
I'm embarrassed to say it was a speed awareness course :-/ (1st and last)

I don't know his full name so can't fb stalk 🙊

I'm thinking it's a bit much contacting the people who arrange these things to ask them to pass on my number! 🙈

EmmaC78 Sun 11-Jun-17 22:52:51

For that sort of course I would just leave it tbh.

MiaZadora Sun 11-Jun-17 22:55:28

Does he know your last name? Maybe he will track you on fb.

MrsELM21 Sun 11-Jun-17 22:55:59

Oh no! What a shame but for that type of course I don't think they'd help you so think you'll probably have to leave it

MrsJamin Sun 11-Jun-17 22:56:23

I doubt very much that the course leader would spend any time carrying messages, to be honest! Do you know his surname? If not it could be tricky finding him another way.

MiaZadora Sun 11-Jun-17 23:00:49

Maybe you could say you realised you have his pen and you'd have left that but it's engraved. If they say ''we'll pass it on'' then wrap up a bic biro with a message.

Flywheel Sun 11-Jun-17 23:06:45

Depending on your settings he might come up as a suggested friend on Facebook seeing as you were in the same place together for so long

MiaZadora Sun 11-Jun-17 23:09:45

Did he drop any clues?

Amibonkersorwhat Sun 11-Jun-17 23:13:56

Annoyingly we don't know each other's surnames 😩

The pen idea could well be an option!
Or..
I was thinking I could tell a porkie and say he gave me his number which I then lost so would they be so kind to pass mine on! That way he has the option of messaging me or thinking I'm completely batshit crazy and hope he never bumps into me again 🙈

Am I nuts or what!? 😆 Xx

BlondeGinger Sun 11-Jun-17 23:15:37

I'd try it. If the course leader says no or is funny about then you never have to see them again anyway. It could be worth the try!

MissSmiley Sun 11-Jun-17 23:15:54

Do it! You only live once and hopefully you'll never have to see the instructions again either. If you make a fool of yourself (which you won't) just drive really slowly forever.

Amibonkersorwhat Mon 12-Jun-17 19:22:56

Update ladies...

Happened to mention in passing to my friend what I was going to do (re stalk that guy) 😬
She asked his name
I said there's no way she'd know him or be able to find him online as I can't even spell his name (it's Greek)
said his name
She knows him!
Lovely guy
Said funnily enough she's always thought I'd really like him
He's doing some painting for her in a few weeks...
of course he's got a long term partner and 2 kids..
Story of my life 🙄
The End.

Thanks for your support though ladies 🙌🏼 The search continues.... and continues.. and continues....... 🙈

Onceafortnight Mon 12-Jun-17 19:25:05

That's typical isn't it. At least you know!

babybell89 Sun 18-Jun-17 14:02:17

My cousin had a similar encounter with her pharmacist picking up a prescription so I called and gave him her number.
She nearly punched me in the face but he called and they went on many dates!

Do it! Worst thing that can happen is he doesn't get in touch x

babybell89 Sun 18-Jun-17 14:03:03

Oh no! I just read your update what a bummer!!!!

WhatsGoingOnEh Sat 24-Jun-17 10:41:36

@MissSmiley If you make a fool of yourself (which you won't) just drive really slowly forever.

That really made me laugh 🤣

mamalovesmojitos Sat 24-Jun-17 11:55:16

@MissSmiley If you make a fool of yourself (which you won't) just drive really slowly forever.

That really made me laugh 🤣

Me too! grin

mamalovesmojitos Sat 24-Jun-17 11:56:30

Sorry op. At least you didn't move mountains to find his number! Keep looking. There's a lid for every saucepan (or so I'm told!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now