Talk

Advanced search

How to help DS cope with teasing

(4 Posts)
HeadFairy Mon 22-May-17 12:24:31

DS is 9, year 4 at school, and he can't cope at all with being teased. He's getting in trouble for lashing out at people when they wind him up. How can I help him to ignore teasing. He was sobbing his heart out last week after school saying he doesn't want to go to school, and now the head wants to see me about his behaviour. He's already been suspended once over a similar incident so he's on a last warning. I have never smacked him at home, we've never hit either child but he gets so angry and upset if other kids tease him his only way of dealing with it at the moment is lashing out. None of it is very serious stuff, low level teasing/winding him up, but he can't just leave it. WWYD?

sheepashwap Mon 22-May-17 13:39:10

It's low level, but has it been going on for a while? I'd be wanting the school to be looking into that if it's not just random one offs.

HeadFairy Mon 22-May-17 18:19:15

I have got a meeting with the head and deputy head in a couple of days, they've really tried to help him, he's had counselling with the senco (he doesn't have any additional needs, the opposite, he's already working 2 years above his year group) to help him develop some emotional maturity.

Chottie Wed 31-May-17 20:36:55

I'd be asking what steps were being taken to ensure the other children realise that their behaviour is unacceptable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now