Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Car hit us and drove off

(8 Posts)
anxiousbuthappy Wed 17-May-17 18:45:22

My daughter & I were walking to her infant school appointment two days ago (she's due to start sept). An older lady in a car drove at us, not looking when she was pulling away, I dragged/pushed my daughter onto the pavement but I was hit in the leg by the car. There are witnesses. The driver didn't even notice so I hit her bonnet with my hand to get her attention. I told her she'd hit me. She shrugged and drove off. I reported it to the police & I got a letter today saying they weren't pursuing it as she's never done it before & isn't known to police! Oh...that's ok then, maybe the next person she does this to will be badly injured or worse!! What can I do? I'm outraged! My 4 year old now won't walk as she's scared! I've had to drive to & from preschool the past two days as she's so anxious

Verbena37 Wed 17-May-17 19:03:22

That's terrible!
Is your injury recorded? Did you go to the GP?
Surely it doesn't matter whether she is known to the police....she shouldn't have a driving licence!

Can you report her to the DVLA?

Squishedstrawberry4 Wed 17-May-17 19:05:14

You will have her address from the police

Squishedstrawberry4 Wed 17-May-17 19:06:48

You could find her car and her house and stick stickers on it saying 'beware. this drivers car hit me and drove off without stopping'

anxiousbuthappy Wed 17-May-17 19:06:57

I'm not injured, no bruise or anything. I'm upset but relieved we're ok. Just don't understand why it's ok to do that or why police not helping!

wheresthel1ght Thu 18-May-17 14:53:48

I would be reporting it again and demanding that charges are pressed if you have the woman's details. I am outraged on your behalf that the police would be so ignorant. She could have killed you both!

user14809873 Wed 24-May-17 19:50:20

Thanks everyone. I've called 3 times now. I've been told I shouldn't have called 999 as it wasn't an emergency. No one will return my calls & ive received two letters saying driver not known to them so they're not going to speak to her but will log it!!!!!!!

MikeUniformMike Wed 24-May-17 19:57:00

Contact your MP and the police chief person for your area.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now