Talk

Advanced search

Would you speak to him?

(4 Posts)
Purplealienpuke Mon 15-May-17 13:12:58

My friends partner seems to be showing an interest in my dd work colleague.
She's half his age and a pretty bubbly girl. He has messaged her repeatedly on several social media platforms. They are not smutty or suggestive messages but are definitely excessive (hundreds) for a someone who only knows you because you serve them take away beverages! (She's worked there for 3 months).
The girl in question is not interested romantically in this man and had assumed this guy was friendly with everyone until my dd pointed out that I've known this guy for years and never had this many messages!

He's been in a relationship with my friend for years. I have not got a clue what to do.
My instincts tell me to speak to him, as a friend, and see what he's doing.
I don't want to hurt my friend if it's 'innocent' but it does seem really odd. He even wrote a song for this girl!

Wwyd???

hesterton Mon 15-May-17 13:14:59

Ew. Horrid position to be in. I don't envy you. I would tell friend personally but no idea if that is right in your case.

YouCantArgueWithStupid Mon 15-May-17 13:15:42

Speak to the woman he's messaging and help her to find her voice and say he needs to stop. She should be supported to say no and it'll set her in good stead for the future

FatOldBag Mon 15-May-17 13:18:19

Gross. Point it out to your friend and leave it to her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now