Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Old neighbour shouting at me in the street

(3 Posts)
sprite25 Thu 11-May-17 18:32:03

I don't know if this is the right place to post but just wanted to get other people's opinions. Where we used to live, there was a man and lady next door with two small dogs who they would often leave outside for long periods in the evenings barking and whining. The only time I ever spoke to the lady was when I'd had enough of the dogs waking DD up and went outside to ask if she could let the dogs in as they had woken DD up yet again, before I'd even finished saying anything she slammed the door in my face. Anyway we've since moved but have to regularly walk up the same road to take/collect DD from nursery. Every time this woman sees me she shouts/swears at me and has even stepped in front of me up close and growled in my face. Once she shouted something and swore at me as I was walking past and DD got upset and asked what was happening. Am I being silly in thinking this is some form of harassment as I've never responded just ignore it but it's starting to bother me and feel like I shouldn't be shouted and sworn at for no reason especially when out with DD. What should I do?

franciemczoo Thu 11-May-17 19:25:55

If it's happening regularly it is harassment.

I would ring 101 and report her. After all- you know where she lives!

sprite25 Thu 11-May-17 20:34:05

Thank you, DH said to report it but I didn't want to seem like I was being over the top or over sensitive

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now