Talk

Advanced search

STAND-OFF ON THE SCHOOL RUN

(6 Posts)
BrandenburgerTor Wed 26-Apr-17 21:43:26

My son has special needs and attends an excellent school which has worked wonders with him. However, for better or worse, his school (which has a comparatively low total number of children) is located immediately next to a mainstream school which has a very high number. Both schools share a common access road. This afternoon I was just short of the school entrance when I remembered I had to post a letter so quickly pulled over to the right hand side of the road where there was a letterbox. The road is fairly narrow at this point and as it was school out time for the mainstream school there were cars parked on both sides of the road. Getting back in the car I pulled out to the centre of the road between the two lines of parked cars to notice there was a small car ahead of me. Ahead of that was a BMW going in the opposite direction. There was nothing coming behind the BMW and plenty of room for it to reverse but not only did the BMW driver refuse to reverse (she had her child sitting in the front laughing the whole time), the driver left so little room for the small car to try and squeeze through the gap on the left between her and the parked cars that, after having tried and the BMW still refusing to move, the driver of the small car gave up and reversed back into a space on the right hand line of parked cars. This then left me to face the BMW and I was going nowhere having witnessed the comtempt shown to the other driver. Of course I drive a much inferior car to a BMW and the driver was happy to make that point with me - so nobody was going anywhere. Then a taxi driver got out and started being abusive to me, having not of course seen what started it all so I decided, against my better judgement, to give in but let's just say I indicated to the BMW driver that I was not happy! What would you have done?

RunRabbitRunRabbit Wed 26-Apr-17 21:46:13

I would either have told the taxi driver to talk to the BMW driver or I would have ignored him.

I would not have moved. No matter what. I am exceptionally pigheaded about such things. I also have the hide of a rhino.

bugaboo218 Fri 28-Apr-17 10:01:18

In my head I would be thinking fuck off to the land of fuck! Reality I would have pulled over and ignored. I would also have let the taxi driver talk to BMW driver. Yes there are dicks on the road, but life is too short to get road rage and stressed over other drives!

knackeredinyorkshire Fri 28-Apr-17 11:29:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Spadequeen Fri 28-Apr-17 11:36:35

I'd like to think I would have turned off the engine and waited it out but it would depend on how much of a hurry I'm in.

I have absolutely no problem in letting other cars go first or reversing back to a space so car can pass but the attitude of the other driver would have really pissed me off.

I like knackered's plan

mogloveseggs Fri 28-Apr-17 11:38:11

Id be the same as bugaboo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now