Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ever been outed and pulled up in real life about a Mumsnet post??

(5 Posts)
mrsw14 Mon 24-Apr-17 17:55:37

Just being nosy! I often wonder if people just don't care that their post might be seen by the person/people they're having a moan about and what they'd do if they were? Surely some of the people being described on here, especially in AIBU are Mumsnetters??
Sometimes the descriptions are very specific and I think it would be obvious to the person in that situation that the post is about them if they came across it and they'd obviously know who posted it - has anyone ever had that awkward situation and been confronted?? And what did you do?!?confused

Gaaaah Mon 24-Apr-17 18:00:03

A close friend told me she knew it was me.

The post wasn't about her at all but about a situation that she recognised instantly.

I name changed. I've never posted anything so incriminating again.

mrsw14 Mon 24-Apr-17 18:12:46

Eeeek, good job it wasn't about her! 🙈

AllRoadsLeadBackToRadley Sun 30-Apr-17 19:17:01

Yup- one of my best friends is on here. She recognizes my writing style even if I NC!

shineon Sun 30-Apr-17 19:44:58

Yes I have recognised a close friend. Some very sad posts about her crap marriage. Ive never breathed a word though, its good for her to have a place to vent. By the way how do you name change on here?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now