Talk

Advanced search

Would you go to this wedding?

(7 Posts)
Mymothersdaughter Mon 24-Apr-17 12:48:28

I got married a few years back, since then have moved away and lost touch with a number of people who came.

Just received a wedding invite from a couple that came to ours, I'm sure we are only invited because we had them at ours. I've not seen them for years although have invited them to a number of gatherings which they've declined. Have sent the odd message too.

Would you go? I can't help feeling they wouldn't really want us there as we don't really know them anymore but obviously they have decided to invite us so perhaps would like us there?!

ThroughThickAndThin01 Mon 24-Apr-17 12:51:43

I think they've invited you because they really do want you there.

If they hadn't invited you, they don't see you anyway, so the fallout would be minimal. So therefore no pressure on their part to invite you.

I'd go , but I like weddings. If you don't, I think it's perfectly fine for you to decline gracefully.

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Mon 24-Apr-17 21:14:21

A chance to catch up and eat and drink at their expense!!
Returning the gesture. .
Get yourself there!!

Mymothersdaughter Tue 25-Apr-17 06:38:58

Haha ok thanks for both replies. I am keen to go as I obviously like the couple! It's not out of our way to go and I will try and see them before the wedding :-)

Wh0Kn0wsWhereTheTimeGoes Tue 25-Apr-17 06:58:27

I'd go too. I really don't think people invite others to their weddings just to reciprocate, spaces are usually limited and expensive, if they've invited you it's because they do want you there.

ovenchips Tue 25-Apr-17 07:02:27

If you would like to go then go! You're trying to second guess their motivation and you seldom get the right answer doing that.

They sent you an invitation to their wedding - you kind of have to assume they would like you to come!

UrbanYokel Tue 25-Apr-17 07:12:30

I see what you mean, but as others have said if they didn't want you there they simply wouldn't have invited you. It's up to you whether to go or not but if you like their company and enjoy weddings then why not?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: