School phoning grandparent rather than parents?

(5 Posts)
Smiler2013 Thu 20-Apr-17 17:02:05

Hello,

Is it normal for school to phone grandparents rather than parents if something is wrong or happened to child? An incident happened this week and the school done just that, I am all for the safety of my child and as long as their ok what does it matter. I just think it's odd that this call was made then the grandparent made the choice to bring child out of school and not even inform me? I've came home from work and absolutely nothing is wrong with child 🤔

Allthebestnamesareused Thu 20-Apr-17 17:29:30

I assume possibly you have misread the form and put them down as contact rather than as backup contact or they have misread it. Ask the school?

smilingsarahb Thu 20-Apr-17 17:33:52

We have a list of contacts that the parents provide and call them in the order the parent wrote them (the form makes it clear that's what we'd do) Do the grandparents normally pick up or drop off?

claritytobeclear Thu 20-Apr-17 17:36:57

I'd speak to the school office to check they have the contacts in the correct order. It might have just been a mistake.

Smiler2013 Thu 20-Apr-17 17:45:26

Just handed in recent form and it has me first then my husband then my mother and mother in law. My husband has just said he phoned school and asked why, appears it was my child who said to phone gran. Think my daughter knows her gran too well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now