Talk

Advanced search

The hand that rocks the cradle at work!

(6 Posts)
ABC123000WTF Wed 19-Apr-17 20:50:12

Do you remember that film 'the hand that rocks the cradle' ? About a nanny that starts working for a family then takes over the mums life.....I have two weeks before I return to work, however I have gone back on a few KIT days to try to keep my finger on the pulse. I have discovered my role has all but evaporated and the person that has taken on much of my role doesn't want to give it back! I basically feel redundant. I loved my job before I left, but I now have anxiety and butterflies and feel really nervous and apprehensive about going back. I think there is a series in at the moment about this same situation but I'm too scared to watch it as it's my worse nightmare and it seems to be happening. Really keen to hear your experiences of returning to work after MAT leave??

BrutusMcDogface Wed 19-Apr-17 20:52:08

It's your job! flowers And you are entitled to get it back, surely? What do you do?

ABC123000WTF Wed 19-Apr-17 21:14:58

They have delegated my work amongst the team and payrised and promoted for taking on additional responsibility. The team don't want to give the responsibility back and the company doesn't like the idea that they have paid people to take on additional work to then demote them. I think there are a lot of mums that end up almost redundant and put in the months needed to keep their MAT leave pay then look for another employment. Don't know what to do!

OddBoots Wed 19-Apr-17 21:19:45

"The team don't want to give the responsibility back and the company doesn't like the idea that they have paid people to take on additional work to then demote them." - Have they told you that?

That seems really awkward but it is their fault not yours so try not to worry about it, just make it clear when you return that you are planning to stay and would like to continue in your role or an equal one, they will have to sort it out.

BrutusMcDogface Wed 19-Apr-17 21:24:14

Yes, like I said above, they have to give you your job back (or an equivalent role, or whatever the fine details are!)

It's tough luck for your colleagues! Just go in all bright and breezy! You have a right to be there!

ABC123000WTF Wed 19-Apr-17 21:27:56

No they haven't said that. I just feel really pushed out and wondered if others feel that same.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now